Nautica after being refurnished

jhoo

I will be on Nautica for 64 night cruise Jan 2023.  Can anyone in a veranda level room share photo's of the closet space available.  Can heavy 

duty magnetic hooks be placed anywhere on the walls to hang objects?  Pictures of bathroom please.

1 hour ago, jhoo said:

I will be on Nautica for 64 night cruise Jan 2023.  Can anyone in a veranda level room share photo's of the closet space available.  Can heavy 

duty magnetic hooks be placed anywhere on the walls to hang objects?  Pictures of bathroom please.

Plenty of pix of post-NEXT makeover of cabins and floor plans, including A&B verandas (exactly the same interior), are on the O website. Closet/storage space remains the same. Because decorative sheathing was used for wall covering, magnets now only work mostly on the back of the entry door. Bathroom layout including shower doors instead of curtain and somewhat better cabinet layout will still be a bit challenging for very “large” people.

42 minutes ago, jhoo said:

Thank you although I don't see a picture of the inside of the closet.  Can the life jackets be put under the bed?

they will fit  no problem  just as long as in an emergency  you can get them in a hurry

• 2 weeks later...

Just off Nautica last week, and yes the walls are definitely not as magnetic as they were pre-Next.

I tested them lol and here's what I found in our C1 (deluxe ocean view) on deck 4:

Highly magnetic: door to corridor, outside (porthole) wall, frame of mirror at desk, ceiling

Pretty/moderately magnetic: bath door, wall opposite the desk (the wall the headboard is on)

Not very/not at all magnetic: wall in cabin around bathroom, wall on the desk side, closet doors, desk

For example, my neodymium hooks held a ball cap or light rain jacket on the outside of the bath door (pretty/moderately magnetic), but not a heavy jacket.

On 8/24/2022 at 4:11 PM, jhoo said:

I think you might be interested in this wonderful pdf made by someone on the RTW cruise. Incredible details and photos

Happy Planning

Rosalyn

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=1154207&key=18c5d954c19cce7d0871dcb0229fb898

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, cruiseaholic78 said:

I think you might be interested in this wonderful pdf made by someone on the RTW cruise. Incredible details and photos

Happy Planning

Rosalyn

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=1154207&key=18c5d954c19cce7d0871dcb0229fb898 10.84 MB · 103 downloads

That is Erin, CC member 2552phxcrzr.  She is such a wealth of information and writes a great blog whenever they travel.

20 minutes ago, alaskaca said:

That is Erin, CC member 2552phxcrzr.  She is such a wealth of information and writes a great blog whenever they travel.

I know she is great we met her and her husband on a leg of a RTW voyage but thought I might keep her anonymous.

Rosalyn

• Haha 1

On 8/24/2022 at 10:21 AM, jhoo said:

Thank you although I don't see a picture of the inside of the closet.  Can the life jackets be put under the bed?

Top closet shelf is usually for life jackets (close to door and easily accessible). Rest of space is hanging bar and floor space beneath. 

On 8/24/2022 at 10:21 AM, jhoo said:

We always move the lifejackets to under the bed, regardless of the ship.  And definitely works on Nautica.

Joe

Edited by JoePDX
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...
Just now, Penny Carlstrom said:

We are on the 64 night Nautica trip from Cape Town South Africa. Hopefully we'll meet up with some of you that are on this forum.

Done and Penny Carlstrom

Have you joined the ROLL CALLS?

You can meet online  before

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/323-nautica-roll-calls/