Lavazza coffee maker

hey-buc

9 minutes ago, hey-buc said:

We are sailing Royal for the first time on Radiance of the Seas. The grand suites have a Lavazza coffee maker in the room, do you bring your own or will the room steward bring them? TIA.

Room steward will supply.

There are two different kinds of pods in the room. The Crema pods are very good. Normally there are two of each kind in the room. If you need more, the Steward will bring all you want. 
I’ve also seen a card in some sailings that offer different flavors of pods that you can order for a price (I think @ $1.50 each) but I never ordered anything.  

7 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

There are two different kinds of pods in the room. The Crema pods are very good. Normally there are two of each kind in the room. If you need more, the Steward will bring all you want. 
I’ve also seen a card in some sailings that offer different flavors of pods that you can order for a price (I think @ $1.50 each) but I never ordered anything.  

This is the answer. Crema good, other I can drink, if necessary. 

FWIW....I prefer the older coffee makers in the suites.  I like plain old coffee.  You can't make that with these coffee makers.  If you like espresso, I guess it is fine.  I guess I'm not up to date.  Just give me an American cup of coffee with creamer.  Very strong coffee doesn't settle well with me.  I know people love them, but they just take up counter space for us. 

Signed,

Grumpy Old Fart 😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

Whatever you think of the espresso, you’ve got to run the machine just for the earth shattering noise!!!!!  Who was in charge of this purchase order?

Sounds like a portable air compressor…. 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I am not a coffee snob, but I do like a good cup.  At home, I use a Keurig and mostly use Newman's pods.  I don't care for flavored or sweetened coffee - I drink mine black.  Given the chance, I will buy a good coffee or triple espresso.  I do not consider Starbucks to be good.  Years ago when I had an office, we had a Nespresso machine and it was tolerable, but nothing like a good fresh-ground espresso.  To me, the Lavazza machines are equivalent to Keurig.   I don't care much for their coffee, though, as it tastes too "over roasted" like Starbucks.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, neverbeenhere said:

Whatever you think of the espresso, you’ve got to run the machine just for the earth shattering noise!!!!!  Who was in charge of this purchase order?

I don't use them simply for this fact.  I'm an early riser and as much as I'd love a quick cup of Java, the noise factor is atrocious.  

12 hours ago, RoperDK said:

FWIW....I prefer the older coffee makers in the suites.  I like plain old coffee.  You can't make that with these coffee makers.  If you like espresso, I guess it is fine.  I guess I'm not up to date.  Just give me an American cup of coffee with creamer.  Very strong coffee doesn't settle well with me.  I know people love them, but they just take up counter space for us. 

Signed,

Grumpy Old Fart 😁

Problem with those old ones is they usually gave you packs of coffee for like 10 cups for something that made like 2 cups.  We never use coffee makers in the cabin.  Heck, we just got back from three days at  the beach where we had a Keurig in the room and we only used that once (with the coffee we brought instead of what they had).

• Like 1

It’s kind of amusing people find them so loud- compared to other powered espresso machines they are fine. 

Our issue with them is that they leak a lot of water- not in a messy way, but into the capsule bin. None of the Nespresso machines we use leak anywhere near that amount. So cleaning them up is a lot easier. 

But the coffee is light years better than the old drip machines. 

We were in a junior suite and had one of these machines on Serenade this past June. It was on a separate little table from the larger dressing mirror/desk/table. Problem was the smaller table didn't have any plugs anywhere near, so we had to clear off the desk, pick up the coffee machine on its tray and move it to the desk to find a plug.