Riviera Balcony Partitions

GVcruiser

I am new to Oceania but have been on many Holland America and Princess ships. We have always been able to have our room steward open up the balcony partitions between the cabins of our traveling companions. I assumed we could do that between the three B3 cabins we have booked next to each other on the Riviera next spring. I found one thread in this forum that gave conflicting information. Does anyone who has been on Riviera recently have any information about the current policy? We will be very disappointed if they won’t open them for us. Thanks in advance.

24 minutes ago, GVcruiser said:

I am new to Oceania but have been on many Holland America and Princess ships. We have always been able to have our room steward open up the balcony partitions between the cabins of our traveling companions. I assumed we could do that between the three B3 cabins we have booked next to each other on the Riviera next spring. I found one thread in this forum that gave conflicting information. Does anyone who has been on Riviera recently have any information about the current policy? We will be very disappointed if they won’t open them for us. Thanks in advance.

On Oceania, it has always been the decision of the ship’s Master as to whether the non-bulkhead partitions can be opened at the request of the passenger.

That said, remember that these partitions are fire breaks and the opening mechanisms are there mainly to be used by crew performing maintenance/repairs.

I asked the Captain at dinner on Riviera could do this ...a resounding NO.  However, on a cruise years before that we were allowed. When I told the Caotain that we had done this before he was very adamant about this could be done.  I guess, up to each Master.

Just now, DOJO466 said:

I asked the Captain at dinner on Riviera could do this ...a resounding NO.  However, on a cruise years before that we were allowed. When I told the Caotain that we had done this before he was very adamant about this could be done.  I guess, up to each Master.

NOT

• Like 1