Excursion Recommendations

dawcruiser

My wife is ride an electric scooter.  Any excursion suggestions for Halifax and St John both in Canada.  We are looking for a private tour for just the two of us.  Just want to see areas in both places.  Thanks for suggestions

The pier in Halifax is right at the boardwalk, a very accessible area along the waterfront, leading to museums, eateries, etc.  One would not need a tour to enjoy a day there, taking in the waterfront sights and the adjoining attractions.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, mets123 said:

St John also has an area right outside the ship built with old shipping containers. FYI, both terminals are super accessible friendly.

Please tell us more about this new area.  What are some of the attractions?  We have been planning to book the hop-on bus to tour the area, but it sounds like this could be fun as well. Details, please!

On 8/26/2022 at 1:41 PM, shipgeeks said:

Please tell us more about this new area.  What are some of the attractions?  We have been planning to book the hop-on bus to tour the area, but it sounds like this could be fun as well. Details, please!

I was in St. John's this weekend on a cruise. My friends who booked the hop-on/hop-off bus were disappointed. The driver told them that if they hopped off, they probably wouldn't be able to get back on since the buses were running at capacity. They ended up riding around the whole loop and then taking a taxi to get back up Signal Hill.

53 minutes ago, geoherb said:

I was in St. John's this weekend on a cruise. My friends who booked the hop-on/hop-off bus were disappointed. The driver told them that if they hopped off, they probably wouldn't be able to get back on since the buses were running at capacity. They ended up riding around the whole loop and then taking a taxi to get back up Signal Hill.

What ship were they on?  Was there more than one ship in port?

58 minutes ago, geoherb said:

I see you have answered my question about the ship, TY.  I'm still curious if that was the only ship in port, plus I'm wondering if you were in Saint John, NB, or St. John's, Nova Scotia.

On 8/25/2022 at 12:46 PM, shipgeeks said:

The pier in Halifax is right at the boardwalk, a very accessible area along the waterfront, leading to museums, eateries, etc.  One would not need a tour to enjoy a day there, taking in the waterfront sights and the adjoining attractions.

I totally agree.  The waterfront walk is excellent.  Don"t miss going to the museum  It is right along the waterfront walk as well as a visitor center that may be helpful.  We enjoy taking the public ferry round trip across the river for another perspective.of the city.   The public garden are in Halifax are beautiful but I am not sure if your electric scooters would be up to the steep streets leading there.  

I highly recommend visiting the Mariner’s Museum in Halifax.  Our ship also went to Saint John and we did the Bay of Fundy-St. Martin excursion.  We don’t recommend that excursion.  It was a long way to go and not much to see when you got there