Underground Tour in Naples

rcdc48

we will be visitng Naples in October on Wonder of the seas and we would like to do the underground tour. We were there last year and saw people Queuing for it but it wasnt offered by Royal.Has anyone done this tour and is it worth doing. I think you can just get off the ship in Naples and walk to it but i could be wrong.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Denise

There are two different underground tours in Naples.  I've been to one of them twice, it is very good, but I've not been to the other one.

The one I've been to is Napoli Sotterranea:  Naples Underground (napolisotterranea.org)

Sotterranea is located just off Via dei Tribunali, 1.8 km/1.1 miles on foot from the cruise port, in the heart of the historic center.

The other underground tour is Galleria Borbonica, located near Piazza Plebiscito, just under a mile on foot from the cruise port:  Home Page - Galleria Borbonica - Bourbon Tunnel - Napoli sotterranea

We sort of just found the underground tour while walking around Naples and it was a fabulous tour.   Recommend it definitely.   We will do it again when we go back to Naples. We were amazed at the underground structures that were preRoman and how they used the underground for shelters during the two WWs, how through the ages Naples was built and rebuilt on top of ruins and even today they re uncovering more areas.  

15 hours ago, rcdc48 said:

Thanks everyone, this looks amazing and we have been on a tour of Naples before so looking forward to something differant. and of coursr PIZZA !!! Best one we ever had was in Naples

Agree with most of what you said, except ... Naples invented Pizza, but NEW YORK perfected it!!!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Agree with most of what you said, except ... Naples invented Pizza, but NEW YORK perfected it!!!

I'll have to take your word for that as I havent been to New York yet🙂