Anytime Dining Question

ScottC4746

Seeing another post regarding this and their experience of getting a two top always near the kitchen door, bus area, or drinks area, I would like to avoid this?  Is there a way since we are in Concierge Class of somehow reserving like 6:30 PM with requests of not near these areas.

I would like to enjoy our dinners without having views of butts at the bus station or drinks station or having to hear the clatter of the kitchen.

7 minutes ago, ScottC4746 said:

Seeing another post regarding this and their experience of getting a two top always near the kitchen door, bus area, or drinks area, I would like to avoid this?  Is there a way since we are in Concierge Class of somehow reserving like 6:30 PM with requests of not near these areas.

I would like to enjoy our dinners without having views of butts at the bus station or drinks station or having to hear the clatter of the kitchen.

We do Select Dining. I pre-book our reservation times for each evening in my CP when I first book the cruises. When we first board the ship we go directly to the MDR and check out tables we like. Then we immediately go speak with the Maite D at the podium (MDR) and request a table number and it's location. We have always been accommodated and had the same table for the entire cruise. On B2B cruises the Maite D will stop by a day or two before the end of the first leg and ask us if we would like the same table for the second leg. 

• Like 1

You can make reservation in the Cruise Planner.  Go to the Specialty Dining section and scroll to the end and you will find the MDR.  

There is no way to make your request to avoid all busy areas know ahead of time.

It is hard to avoid being near one of the setup areas... getting far from the kitchen is easier. I have not seen the beverage area..so I am not sure where that even is..  In general we have been seated with the same wait staff on each cruise we have done using select dining. DH has mobility issues and the host/hostess has done a good job of seating us fairly close to the entrance. Things are busy during dinners and there are lots of busy areas with passengers coming and going. If you get early and snag a window seat..it is away from most of the noise and traffic flow. 

With anytine dining we have always been able request a window table or a specific area.  Sometimes there is a bit of a wait but it is never too long.  We are usually a party of two or four, which I think is easier to accomodate than larger parties.  I think it also helps to avoid the busiest dining times and either go early or late.

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

You can make reservation in the Cruise Planner.  Go to the Specialty Dining section and scroll to the end and you will find the MDR.  

There is no way to make your request to avoid all busy areas know ahead of time.

I have done this today - I wonder if I will know in advance what our table assignment will be?

1 hour ago, ScottC4746 said:

Is there a way since we are in Concierge Class 

I doubt being in Concierge Class will make a difference.

Suggestion :

Reserve Anytime Dining on Cruise Planner for every night of the cruise.

As soon as you board, go to the MDR and speak to the Maitre'd regarding your seating request. 

A little "Thank You " ( $$ ) will do the " trick ".

( It's not a bribe--- it's a " smart move " )

If you plan on dining in a Specialty restaurant ,as a courtesy, please make sure to tell the Maitre'd or the Hostess so they do not hold your table that evening.              

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, MixerDave said:

I have done this today - I wonder if I will know in advance what our table assignment will be?

No you won't. Follow the advise above, be polite not demanding and you will find the person at the desk will do their very best to accommodate you. We also always make a point of thanking the person at the desk every night as we leave with a cheery " thank you and see you tomorrow". Have a great cruise 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ScottC4746 said:

There are times I have not been happy with location and I asked nicely prior to sitting down if I could have a different table.  Usually have been accommodated. Sometimes I have had a short wait but that was my option.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, davekathy said:

Maite D at the podium (MDR) and request a table number and it's location.

Great idea - do you also give the MaitreD little something as a thank you?
I'm going to try this on our upcoming cruise and just want to make sure we handle it properly.
Thanks!

5 hours ago, jelayne said:

Thanks!  I forgot you could make reservations for MDR in advance.   🙂

11 hours ago, Ellesor826 said:

I'm going to try this on our upcoming cruise and just want to make sure we handle it properly.
Thanks!

Have never given a "little something". It's usually one of the Hostesses at the desk. I usually have a quick look at the table numbers. I know the table we want but the number changes so check first. Just be polite, ask if they can help rather than demand (they have on obligation to help). You get more with sugar than with salt. We have never not got the table we wanted. Make sure you have pre-booked the time.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, gfkcruiser said:

There are times I have not been happy with location and I asked nicely prior to sitting down if I could have a different table.  Usually have been accommodated. Sometimes I have had a short wait but that was my option.  

This is also the approach we use.  If you don't like the table, just don't sit there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Ellesor826 said:

Thanks!

I don't talk politics, religion or tipping. That's a personal choice that you will need to make. 

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

SD

We haven't been in the MDR in quite a few cruises....I'm sure we will be more than happy w/ our table choice and our wait staff....it IS Celebrity afterall and we've yet to have anything but a stellar experience.
😄

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ellesor826 said:

We haven't been in the MDR in quite a few cruises....I'm sure we will be more than happy w/ our table choice and our wait staff....it IS Celebrity afterall and we've yet to have anything but a stellar experience.
😄

Psst, Both SD and TD are in the MDR. 😉 We haven't done TD on Celebrity since they started offering  SD. No complaints from us either. On our March B2B cruise with RC we switched back from MTD to TD. They have screwed MTD up the early seating times. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Psst, Both SD and TD are in the MDR

Shhh….I know but thank you for pointing it out.  
We have been dining in Luminae and Blu.  
However, it’s very kind of you to continue to reply. 

And, as they say….and that’s all I’ve go to say about that 😊

Edited by Ellesor826
  • Haha 1

On 8/26/2022 at 3:00 AM, the penguins said:

Have never given a "little something".

"Have never given a "little something"--- Really ??

Is is such a " big deal '' to hand a few $$ to a service person that you asked a favor from ?

They rely on tips ( $$ ) -- they deserve tips ( $$ ) when they do a little extra for us to enjoy our cruise.

( No need for the " you do what you do, but, don't tell me what to do " ). 

• Haha 3

50 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

"Have never given a "little something"--- Really ??

Is is such a " big deal '' to hand a few $$ to a service person that you asked a favor from ?

Not sure why you would doubt it?

It is not that it is a 'big deal', you are doing what you believe you need to do, others are similarly doing what they feel they need to do.

They don't have to do the same as you, nor you the same as them.

• Like 3