On Marina now

ReaderGirl57

I’m on the Marina now for a Baltic Cruise. According to our waiter last night, the ship is a bit less than one-third full - and it feels like it. Yesterday was embarkation day and all the staff was masked. But they must have received a new directive overnight because today, only about 5% are masked. I’ve seen a couple of masks on guests, but not many. We had to show proof of vaccination to board, but no one asked about Covid tests. Fingers crossed we all stay healthy.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, ReaderGirl57 said:

Yesterday was embarkation day and all the staff was masked. But they must have received a new directive overnight because today, only about 5% are masked. Fingers crossed we all stay healthy.

That's quite a shocking change overnight! Hope you stay healthy and enjoy your trip.

6 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Did you have to submit your covid vaccine info  before  boarding or online check in??

I just did our on-line check in for our September 14 cruise on Riviera.   You have to attest to understanding the embarkation requirements (for us fully vaccinated) but you do not actually upload an image of your vaccine card or anything like that.

I expect to have to show it to embark, so I always carry the card with my passport.

Joe

Edited by JoePDX
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was talking to one of the officers last night at the Captain’s cocktail party. He said there were 330 passengers. He also said that the Marina cruises to the Baltic in 2023 had all been rerouted to other parts of Northern Europe and that Oceania was only doing a few Baltic cruises next summer on one of its smaller ships. 

Hi!

Hope you stay healthy! What a weird time we live in now, normally I'd start out, "hope you are having a great time." Anyway, just a quick question that I'm hoping you can answer: I will be on the Marina next year before they refurbish and was wondering what electric outlets are in your cabin, number and type (European vs. US, etc). I'll be in a veranda cabin on deck 7. Thanks in advance!

For the OP, or another current cruiser, please ask one of the onboard OCAs when the next cruise release will be. Should be sometime in the next 6 weeks.

They may be pushing the LD sale and not want to discuss it, but any information would be appreciated. 

On 8/27/2022 at 10:56 PM, jonthomas said:

How is the food ? Yes subjective, is it the same as in your previous experiences with O?

We are first timers but the food has been excellent. The only miss was my husband’s steak at the Polo Grill last night - not the best cut. But we have absolutely no complaints. We loved Jacques and the Terrace Cafe and Waves are great. And no lines!

• Thanks 1

OK, now the great restaurants are next.  Red Ginger and consider the Watermelon and Duck Salad, Miso Glazed Chilean Sea Bass or even the Rack of Lamb. Yes, lamb in an Asian Fusion restaurant. In Toscana, the oil and vinegar cart is great along with the wonderful breads. My DW’s favorite is the Lasagne and any Chef’s special offered each night.  Everything is fresh and you will enjoy. Try the Quintet for desert, a taste of everything in any restaurant it is offered. 
if a real dining experience is warranted, try La Reserve one evening. 
Ciao,

Mauibabes

15 minutes ago, cruisr said:

It has been ages since I was on Oceania.  When I was last on the verandah cabins had DVD players in them and a great DVD library to choose from at the front desk.  Is that still the case?  Thanks

Not any more - on the TV there are several channels of on demand movies

On 8/30/2022 at 2:36 PM, pinotlover said:

For the OP, or another current cruiser, please ask one of the onboard OCAs when the next cruise release will be. Should be sometime in the next 6 weeks.

They may be pushing the LD sale and not want to discuss it, but any information would be appreciated. 

Bump!!

Can someone please query your OCA please? 

On 8/30/2022 at 7:29 PM, Bongomauka said:

Hi!

Hope you stay healthy! What a weird time we live in now, normally I'd start out, "hope you are having a great time." Anyway, just a quick question that I'm hoping you can answer: I will be on the Marina next year before they refurbish and was wondering what electric outlets are in your cabin, number and type (European vs. US, etc). I'll be in a veranda cabin on deck 7. Thanks in advance!

I’m sorry - I thought I had answered your question. The WiFi on board is terrible. We are on a Deluxe Ocean View on Deck 7.  There are three European outlets - one on each side of the bed and one at the desk. There are two US outlets at the desk, but they are so close together that we have been able to use only one at a time. There is also a US outlet in the bathroom, but it appears to be I’m only for shavers.

On 8/31/2022 at 10:23 PM, mauibabes said:

OK, now the great restaurants are next.  Red Ginger and consider the Watermelon and Duck Salad, Miso Glazed Chilean Sea Bass or even the Rack of Lamb. Yes, lamb in an Asian Fusion restaurant. In Toscana, the oil and vinegar cart is great along with the wonderful breads. My DW’s favorite is the Lasagne and any Chef’s special offered each night.  Everything is fresh and you will enjoy. Try the Quintet for desert, a taste of everything in any restaurant it is offered. 
if a real dining experience is warranted, try La Reserve one evening. 
Ciao,

Mauibabes

Thanks, Mauibabes! We don’t eat Asian, so Red Ginger was out - but we ate at Toscana last night and my husband had the lasagna. He said it was excellent!

4 hours ago, RetiredLifer said:

On board Insignia now.  Just spoke to OCA Jennie and the best I could get out of her was “November.”  Maybe someone on a different ship can do better with their OCA.

Dick

Thank you. We’ll be aboard the Sirena from 10/18-11/4. If later than that, I suppose we miss the book aboard discounts. Always the FCC offering, but without the cruise discount.

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

Thank you. We’ll be aboard the Sirena from 10/18-11/4. If later than that, I suppose we miss the book aboard discounts. Always the FCC offering, but without the cruise discount.

I think I forgot we were going to be on Sirena at the same time.  Perhaps we will run into each other.

56 minutes ago, Kate-AHF said:

I think I forgot we were going to be on Sirena at the same time.  Perhaps we will run into each other.

We have an early (16:00) sail away from Gijon on 10/20. Why don’t we plan to meet in Horizons for Happy Hour at 5:00.

We’ll probably be there a bit earlier , if that suits you, to catch the sail away, plus it will be getting dark early. 

What say Yee?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

We have an early (16:00) sail away from Gijon on 10/20. Why don’t we plan to meet in Horizons for Happy Hour at 5:00.

We’ll probably be there a bit earlier , if that suits you, to catch the sail away, plus it will be getting dark early. 

What say Yee?

I think that sounds very good.  Let's say 4:30, that way we can have drinks in hand before the 5pm starting bell goes off. 😁

• Like 2