Toronto Pearson Airport - Overnight

poffles

Does anyone have any experience or knowledge of what might be open in the Toronto Pearson airport during the wee hours overnight?

Flights are terrible returning from a cruise late November and there is nothing that does not land us in this airport for some hours overnight as a layover.  I have been there done that with booking a hotel in this situation, I did not find it a good experience.  We will arrive after midnight and fly out first thing in the morning so the intent is to just wait it out in the airport.  What I am wondering is if anything is open after midnight.

On 8/25/2022 at 12:59 PM, poffles said:

Does anyone have any experience or knowledge of what might be open in the Toronto Pearson airport during the wee hours overnight?

Flights are terrible returning from a cruise late November and there is nothing that does not land us in this airport for some hours overnight as a layover.  I have been there done that with booking a hotel in this situation, I did not find it a good experience.  We will arrive after midnight and fly out first thing in the morning so the intent is to just wait it out in the airport.  What I am wondering is if anything is open after midnight.

I have had a similar experience overnighting in Montreal overnight.  Not worth the hassle and expense of getting a hotel.

You will need to collect your luggage as they don't store luggage in the secure area overnight.

In Montreal the only place open at night was Tim Hortons.

I didn't try to sleep but people watched. You would be surprised at how many people do this and at 4 AM the airport was buzzing again.

• Like 1

In Sept 2017, we connected in YYZ when flying from YVR to FLL.  Our flight from Vancouver landed at 11:30pm and our Ft Lauderdale flight didn't leave until 7am.  

IIRC, I think the only thing that was open landside (in Terminal 3) was the Subway.  We ended up hanging out most of the night on some seats in the baggage carousel area which was pretty quiet (other than a quick vacuum) after all the flights ended for the day.  

• Thanks 1