First everything

ccdeton

You should be able to find a trivia team easily.  Just turn up the first day, let it be known you are looking for a team, and if they figure out you are Dutch, you will be snapped up immediately.  As above, trivia is serious business on Silversea.

(My husband’s best friend is from the Netherlands.  The most unlikely of friends—an Oklahoma rancher and a very European Dutch accountant.)

• Like 1

On 8/27/2022 at 3:42 AM, Stumblefoot said:

My approach to your questions will be a bit different than the others who’ve responded.  

Only after you have babysat another passenger’s child one evening.  Every 7-days of sailing requires 1-night of babysitting. Or, at least this has how it’s worked when we’ve sailed with Silver Princess.   Failure to babysit and you have to agree to be sociable at anytime when approached by other passengers.  Your choice, of course.

“Day of” reservations are recommended as walk-up can be exceptionally difficult, at times.

Nope.  Your chances are slim to none.

I don’t even know what this question is asking.  We always disembark ourselves, no assistance necessary.

😅😂🤣

Hopefully you enjoyed your introduction to Stumblefoot.  I’m the ornery one here.

I dont think SS even have a ship called Silver Princess!   As for babysitting, absolutely not unless you befriend a family with young children and choose to give them an "evening off" (why would you?).   On a transatlantic you are unlikely to have children on board and since you have said you want to be "alone" then that is just fine but I suspect you will find yourself drawn in by the other lovely passengers and will almost certainly share some social time and what is more enjoy it!

4 hours ago, labrasett said:

I dont think SS even have a ship called Silver Princess!   As for babysitting, absolutely not unless you befriend a family with young children and choose to give them an "evening off" (why would you?).   On a transatlantic you are unlikely to have children on board and since you have said you want to be "alone" then that is just fine but I suspect you will find yourself drawn in by the other lovely passengers and will almost certainly share some social time and what is more enjoy it!

Silver Princess is Stumbles daughter. 
He was having a joke on himself, perhaps not so comprehensible to those who don’t know him. 

The clue is in my previous post #14 

Edited by jollyjones
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jollyjones said:

Silver Princess is Stumbles daughter. 
He was having a joke on himself, perhaps not so comprehensible to those who don’t know him. 

The clue is in my previous post #14 

Thx Jolly.  Much appreciated.

labrasett, I tried to make it clear in my post that I’m the ornery one here so the drift of my message would be understood. Sorry you got caught up in my strange sense of humor. 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/26/2022 at 5:37 PM, Observer said:

I have a friend who shares this preference. But she also enjoys a solitary pre-dinner drink in the bar, etc.  Her strategy is to carry a book or magazine and pretend to be reading it or at least holding it on her lap. This sends a signal and helps avoid situations in which some well-meaning person/couple seek to join you assuming that you are lonely and in need of company.  

I think I found a picture of your friend!

1764053904_StabbingStrangers.thumb.png.36df5f3d7242a356dd0f5003395a0e82.png

• Haha 10