Having Fun On Board Notice From Carnival

sanmarcosman

30 minutes ago, Colt45Cannon said:

My niece said that my sister grew a LOT of weed at home.  She told this to her teachers, so the state sent people over to check on the well being of the child.  The "weed" that my sister was growing?  Crab grass.

I have no doubt that the parents probably drank a lot on a cruise, but you can't be 100% sure that the kids aren't getting confused and confusing booze with tea/water/pop/lemonade.

The kids were 12 and about 14. They were old enough to know the difference. The dad admitted he had the cheers package and was drinking a lot. 

This entire thread could have been posted 20, 30, even 40 years ago. This thread will be repeated 20 years from now.

The only thing that has changed is the ability for people to express themselves. People who didn't have access to wide range of audience now have immediate access. Kids haven't changed, parents haven't changed.

Communities have had curfews on and off for 50 years.

Edited by klfrodo

Hoping Carnival will enforce the rules they have in place and the new ones. 
It is a sad state of affairs that some people need to be reminded to have basic manners and courtesy and to parent their children appropriately. Remember the me, me, me generation?  They are now the parents of kids with the same behaviors   Carnival—Please, please, please enforce the rules and follow through with penalties for bad behavior.  If there are no consequences for bad behavior, there is no reason to change it!  A few people being booted off their cruise, as examples of consequences, should definitely get the desired results. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ledges1 said:

The kids were 12 and about 14. They were old enough to know the difference. The dad admitted he had the cheers package and was drinking a lot. 

I've seen people on all the cruise lines wearing shirts warning people that they purchased the drink package.  Not being judgy, but I sure wouldn't advertise that I had a drinking issue.

1 hour ago, vadersprincess12 said:

I've seen people on all the cruise lines wearing shirts warning people that they purchased the drink package.  Not being judgy, but I sure wouldn't advertise that I had a drinking issue.

"I'm not a cruiser with a drinking problem--I'm a drinker with a cruising problem!"

• Haha 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 9/3/2022 at 1:24 PM, silvercrikhix said:

Hoping Carnival will enforce the rules they have in place and the new ones. 
It is a sad state of affairs that some people need to be reminded to have basic manners and courtesy and to parent their children appropriately. Remember the me, me, me generation?  They are now the parents of kids with the same behaviors   Carnival—Please, please, please enforce the rules and follow through with penalties for bad behavior.  If there are no consequences for bad behavior, there is no reason to change it!  A few people being booted off their cruise, as examples of consequences, should definitely get the desired results. 

What is sad is that rules need enforcement. It says more about the decline of civilization than the decline of Carnival. Just a complete lack of respect.

Carnival isn't a substitute for parenting of kids of all ages.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1