Having Fun On Board Notice From Carnival

sanmarcosman

1 hour ago, Colorado Cruzer said:

meh, Carnival isn't going to do anything about kids running wild. 

Actually, there were two cruises (one in March one in April) aboard the Panorama when I saw security stationed at the elevator foyer on deck 7 near the entrance to the Sky Zone. Security was not coming and going from the area, they were planted there during Sky Zone hours and then a couple of extra hours after it closed. We knew the kids were ticked because they had to be on their best behavior. I wish Carnival would schedule this type of monitoring  whenever the need arises. 

Edited by sanmarcosman
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, sanmarcosman said:

Actually, there were two cruises (one in March one in April) aboard the Panorama when I saw security stationed at the elevator foyer on deck 7 near the entrance to the Sky Zone. Security was not coming and going from the area, they were planted there during Sky Zone hours and then a couple of extra hours after it closed. We knew the kids were ticked because they had to be on their best behavior. I wish Carnival would schedule this type of monitoring  whenever the need arises. 

This is good news as we are staying on Deck 7 this weekend.

On 8/27/2022 at 9:13 AM, ninjacat123 said:

Maybe this is to let passengers know they can complain about it and something "might" be done.  I didn't know this notice was added.  Thx for posting sanmarcosman!

You can complain, but nothing will be done. 

• Like 1

The poor behavior on ships would go away if there was a slight investment in enforcement.  Rules are posted, explained, etc. but when there is no enforcement then what's the point.  Not to embrace debate but a few are:

-Chair Hogging

-Bathing suit attire in Lido buffet

-Non potty trained kids in pools

-Proper dinner attire

All of these have rules and guidelines but are rarely enforce (except for maybe the swim diapers in water features).  Start by picking one to enforce and behavior may start falling in line.

• Like 5

I agree that enforcement of the rules is important. Elegant night is an example. It is would be easy to enforce the "no shorts" rule. However, there are those that have no clue how to dress elegant. When you walk and have to constantly pull your dress down on the side to keep you back end from showing is not elegant. On my last cruise a person wore a white dress, extremely too tight and her exposed midsection was on display (not elegant). How do you enforce the rule. Recently I read an article by a lady on Google news about her Carnival cruise on the Ecstacy. She made mention of passengers getting on the ship with plastic bags for luggage. Some of you may have seen the article. Overall,  there is a problem and it will not improve on the lower end cruises. 

On 8/28/2022 at 1:05 PM, crazy4themouse said:

I'm guessing that the people who most need to read that aren't the ones reading those emails in the first place. 

You have that exactly right.

I was once on our local school board and asked a teacher what she thought of the open houses. Her reply was "All the wrong parents show up." I know she meant that the ones who really needed to see her to discuss their student's problems were not showing up rather than we saw her the year before when our son was doing A level work in her math class.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lazydayz said:

Carnival could start with a curfew for children.  Royal had one and it works quite well. 

From what has been transpiring lately that caused Carnival to put out the notice to begin with it’s the adults with the behavior problem, not the kids!

• Like 2

Guest BasicSailor
38 minutes ago, rrraydon said:

From what has been transpiring lately that caused Carnival to put out the notice to begin with it’s the adults with the behavior problem, not the kids!

I'm sure it's both, adults and kids. Drunk parents with unruly kids. See the catch there. 😉

Guest BasicSailor
50 minutes ago, lazydayz said:

Carnival could start with a curfew for children.  Royal had one and it works quite well. 

It's those damn chair hogs that's the problem anyways 😉🤣

We normally avoid Summer cruising at all cost BECAUSE of the tendency to have way more unruly children.  Broke our rule and went this Summer. Won't do it again.

Also, don't get me started on dressing.  I am sick of all the cheeks, chests and bellies I have to look at walking all over the ship and all over the lido restaurant.  Cover that @&$!$ up people!  I am trying to enjoy myself too and don't need to look at that!  Especially at face level walking past my table while I am taking a bite of food!

Want to wear it around the pool all day that is fine, but dang show some since of decency for the people around you and maybe a tad bit of modesty.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 8/28/2022 at 12:05 PM, crazy4themouse said:

I'm guessing that the people who most need to read that aren't the ones reading those emails in the first place. 

I agree with you. However, Carnival can now say “this is covered in your cruise contract” IF they decide to enforce it. That is a big, big IF as we all know. What’s frustrating is they would only need to do it a few times, make sure the cruise bloggers know about it so they spread the word and issues would decrease significantly. The same would happen if they just started removing belongings on lounge chairs. I have about equal hope of either of those things happening.

• Like 3

On 8/26/2022 at 3:35 PM, sanmarcosman said:

any guest whose conduct affects the comfort, enjoyment, safety or well-being of other guests or crew will be disembarked at their own expense and banned from sailing on Carnival in the future."

Nice! Glad to see Carnival addressing (or at least making an effort) their past passenger issues.

On 8/27/2022 at 10:12 AM, pcvtmom said:

I'm glad to see this topic addressed, but what a shame that it HAS to be brought to people's attention. One would think that it is understood. Thankfully, we've never experienced the behaviors mentioned in recent reports, but overall, entitled behaviors are becoming the norm. 🙁

Happy and safe cruising to all!

Totally agree with you pcvtmom ~ we have never witnessed any of the awful fights that we have seen recently on Youtube, but I will say that some other behaviors continue like grown men walking into the Lido deck shirtless and shoeless, regardless of the signage saying otherwise.  

Unfortunately, this type of behavior is going on all over the place these days.  People seem to think it's okay for them to break the rules.  

Hope your future cruises are trouble free.

• Like 2

Perhaps they could also enforce safety - like start with the old Wilford Brimley guy on our last cruise out of Tampa who refused to put out his cigar...DURING REFUELING.  Staff's response? "There's nothing we can do, he's diamond."

I'm thinking next time I see something like that, if the staff can't help, a couple of phone calls to first the port, and then to the Coast Guard might change that up.  Maybe a video uploaded to the internet showing the blatant disregard for safety might cause some fines.  It's been almost a year, and I'm STILL mad about that.  I should have pushed it into his face and told him staff to buzz off, I'm UNOBTANIUM.

This is the unfortunate times that we are living in! No respect for anyone, no respect from anyone, anything or any cultural values being taught and/or observed. I always do my part to instill and enhance the life values to people (especially younger people) that I speak with. How about You? 

• Like 1

I was recently on the Valor. R.T. Steckel was the comedian. In his family show he plays the parent match game. The parents have to match the child's answer to a question. The question was, has you parent had a lot or little to drink on the cruise. Both kids answered their parents had drank excessively. The parents both matched their children's answer and seemed to be proud of the answer. Judge for yourself the lessons being taught.

Edited by ledges1
Spelling

Guest BasicSailor
4 minutes ago, ledges1 said:

I was recently on the Valor. R.T. Steckel was the comedian. In his family show he plays the parent match game. The parents have to match the child's answer to a question. The question was, has you parent had a lot of little to drink on the cruise. Both kids answered their parents had drank excessively. The parents both matched their children's answer and seemed to be proud of the answer. Judge for yourself the lessons being taught.

Wels,wes tris to teacsss ours kissis to bees wespectibals.....

See the source image

Edited by BasicSailor

22 minutes ago, ledges1 said:

I was recently on the Valor. R.T. Steckel was the comedian. In his family show he plays the parent match game. The parents have to match the child's answer to a question. The question was, has you parent had a lot or little to drink on the cruise. Both kids answered their parents had drank excessively. The parents both matched their children's answer and seemed to be proud of the answer. Judge for yourself the lessons being taught.

My niece said that my sister grew a LOT of weed at home.  She told this to her teachers, so the state sent people over to check on the well being of the child.  The "weed" that my sister was growing?  Crab grass.

I have no doubt that the parents probably drank a lot on a cruise, but you can't be 100% sure that the kids aren't getting confused and confusing booze with tea/water/pop/lemonade.

• Like 2