Having Fun On Board Notice From Carnival

sanmarcosman

The following has been added to the Know Before You Go emails sent by Carnival:

"We want you to have a memorable vacation but please remember a cruise ship is a shared space. Our Carnival Values underscore that everyone should feel welcome and included, and that everyone on board demonstrate care and respect towards others. No one will ever confuse a Carnival Cruise Line ship with a school library, but our experience has taught us that everyone has a better time when children are supervised, noise in the hallways is kept to a minimum, guests follow queues, and that a spirit of community and neighborliness is shown by all. Consistent with our commitment to safety, disruptive behavior is not tolerated and any guest whose conduct affects the comfort, enjoyment, safety or well-being of other guests or crew will be disembarked at their own expense and banned from sailing on Carnival in the future."

I imagine we shall see if this has teeth.

• Like 33
  • Haha 1

Guest BasicSailor

Must be some response to all the violence on their ships lately. For a while there it was something going on every week.

Just got off Radiance- no big issues other than people not realizing a cabin hallway especially at night is still what I call hotel hall voice level. Having vents in the door allows any conversations to radiate through. Especially if they stop near ones said door and chat at 2:30am! 

Another peeve- passengers eating in the hot tub on Serenity deck. First day observed a group eating fried chicken, pizza and drinks. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

OP, maybe you should have chosen a different title for this hot topic. I'm surprised more people aren't commenting TBH. My Carnival cruises have been a zoo lately and this new information being shared with guests must be a direct response to all the poor reviews they are receiving post cruise and guest complaints while on their ships. Of course the you tube videos of the fights on the dance floors only throw fuel on the fire of this HOT topic.

Thanks for posting.

• Like 2

This is probably more of a notice to give the appearance that they are are doing something than anything that will actually be enforced. This seems similar to the rule of not saving loungers for hours on end, but never using them, or not smoking in your room or on your balcony, that seem to be rarely, if ever, enforced. 

• Like 6

I'm glad to see this topic addressed, but what a shame that it HAS to be brought to people's attention. One would think that it is understood. Thankfully, we've never experienced the behaviors mentioned in recent reports, but overall, entitled behaviors are becoming the norm. 🙁

Happy and safe cruising to all!

• Like 6

I put this notice right up there with the warnings placed on electrical appliances that they shouldn't be used while you are in your bathtub. Just a legal liability warning.

Maybe Carnival just got a new batch of lawyers out of college, and this is their attempt contribute to their corporate career.

Edited by klfrodo
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, pcvtmom said:

I'm glad to see this topic addressed, but what a shame that it HAS to be brought to people's attention. One would think that it is understood. Thankfully, we've never experienced the behaviors mentioned in recent reports, but overall, entitled behaviors are becoming the norm. 🙁

Happy and safe cruising to all!

I think a lot of it is people were at home for 2 years and got confused and thought Twitter was a real place and it's acceptable to act like that in public.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

It probably had to do with the brawls we have read about lately.  My favorite pet peeve lately with more families onboard is children running through the ship without regard for elderly people using canes and walkers.  Sometimes it looks like a recipe for disaster.

• Like 4

I’d love to see this have any kind of impact. Fresh off the MG today which had a week of all those disrupting behaviors. Free range teens, ignorant loud mouths, security announcements, lido deck melee, you name it. 😑

• Like 5

Whatever the reason, I think they said it well.   I liked the part about the "spirit of community and neighborliness".  I wish people applied that on all cruise lines.   Thanks for sharing.  

• Like 6

7 hours ago, ldubs said:

Whatever the reason, I think they said it well.   I liked the part about the "spirit of community and neighborliness".  I wish people applied that on all cruise lines.   Thanks for sharing.  

At this point, id be glad if people followed that at Walmart. Let alone on vacation.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Guest BasicSailor
7 hours ago, ldubs said:

All those are nothing more than words. In the heat of a battle the only words remembered are the words coming out of their mouths at that time.  Action is what's needed by Carnival. Not warning tickets (words).  Videos I've seen where security is kicking people in the head and pushing people around knocking their phones to the ground is just a bad influence of more violence.

Staff should be properly trained as to how to stop the violence instead of adding to it.

On 8/27/2022 at 10:38 AM, mz-s said:

What remains to be seen is Carnival going to put teeth behind those words. If they do then a lot of people's complaints about Carnival will evaporate.

Unfortunately, I would not count on them doing anything to enforce this.

• Like 2

The vast majority on the cruise are well behaved and there to enjoy a nice vacation. Unfortunately, there are a few who do not have proper manners. It did not begin on the cruise, it began long before their first cruise. Our society is beginning to tolerate bad behavior. Look at some of our major cities and increase in crime. Carnival is becoming another victim just like you and I. Parents demonstrate bad behavior  on the lido deck with bathing suits that do not fit. Excess baggage hanging out in abundance in front of small children. Some have no shame and low morals. We are all victims of a few. We want Carnival to stand up on our behalf. We are struggling to stand up for ourselves.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, BasicSailor said:

All those are nothing more than words. In the heat of a battle the only words remembered are the words coming out of their mouths at that time.  Action is what's needed by Carnival. Not warning tickets (words).  Videos I've seen where security is kicking people in the head and pushing people around knocking their phones to the ground is just a bad influence of more violence.

Staff should be properly trained as to how to stop the violence instead of adding to it.

"spirit of community and neighborliness"

I agree they are only words.  That is until passengers apply them.  Then they become meaningful.   

How to respond when a flight breaks out is a tough one.  Especially when it is a crowd.  I wonder if cruise lines are taking a harder look at their staff training.  I'm not too critical of the cruise staff in these instances.  I don't see how a mob fight can be stopped without force.   

• Like 2

I am pleased that Carnival is trying to send a message of the recent brawls and raunchy behavior but I hope the ones that caused those brawls have been banned from sailing on CCL.  If they got away with no type of penalty then they will more likely repeat themselves on future cruises.  Sad it has to be pointed out to adults to be somewhat civil to others and to caution parents to be parents to their kids during a cruise.

• Like 2

On 8/26/2022 at 5:05 PM, Buffettfan 225 said:

Just got off Radiance- no big issues other than people not realizing a cabin hallway especially at night is still what I call hotel hall voice level. Having vents in the door allows any conversations to radiate through. Especially if they stop near ones said door and chat at 2:30am! 

Another peeve- passengers eating in the hot tub on Serenity deck. First day observed a group eating fried chicken, pizza and drinks. 

For door noise- may not be up to “best safety procedure” but we rolled our biggest suitcase in front of door and threw luggage mat over it and put in front of vent. Really helped. 
Also would cover the two bathroom shower & floor drains with something to prevent any sewer smell. 

• Like 1