18 day cruise - sea days!

20 hours ago, Luv my furbaby said:

I just booked a 18 day cruise from Australia to Honolulu for April 2024. At least it is a newer ship - but oh those sea days!

What do you do on all of those sea days - especially since I am sailing solo!

so load a lot of movies on my iPad and lots of books. But does the ship offer a lot when you have so many sea days together?  I know on shorter cruises they have bingo, trivia during the day but that bores me. 
Oh well, I’m excited and I’m sure I will enjoy it!

We were on Quantum when it was moving from Bayonne to Singapore.  We did the leg to Barcelona.  There were 5 or 6 sea days.  Originally, DW, family and I wondered what we’d do.  However, these days went so fast and there was a lot to do.  We really got to experience the ship.  The Wonder and is new, I think you’ll have a great time.  Enjoy!

Add me to "love sea days". I went on my first 9 nighter and had 5 sea days. I loved every one of them. I'm anxiously awaiting a repositioning cruise that fits my schedule, my husband not so much. He loathes sea days. He sleeps away most sea days. 

• Like 1

I travel solo and love sea days. I have the Wonder TA coming up in Oct., and then also the Ovation 18 night TP in Apr. I did a TP a few years ago, 24 nights with 18 sea days.

I like to bring some crochet and cross stitch with me, and  normally don’t treat sea days any different than a usual day at home. I also load movies, or TV series, and books on my IPad. Sometimes I might go to some trivia games, or other things that interest me. Im not a big crowd person, so having my own entertainment is essential to me.

• Like 2

Write in longhand, a journal of your journey on the ship will be interesting reading years from now. Write a few stories from your life. Lie down on a deck chair at night and gaze at the stars, breathing the fresh cool sea air. Lose track of time. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Read and play on iPhone.

Just give me some time on my verandah and a few books.....and I'm good with reading and looking out at the ocean. In between, of course, have to eat. 😉 Occasional walks around the deck. These more "port-intensive" cruises are getting to be too much. 

• Like 2

On 8/27/2022 at 12:29 PM, Luv my furbaby said:

I just booked a 18 day cruise from Australia to Honolulu for April 2024. At least it is a newer ship - but oh those sea days!

What do you do on all of those sea days - especially since I am sailing solo!

so load a lot of movies on my iPad and lots of books. But does the ship offer a lot when you have so many sea days together?  I know on shorter cruises they have bingo, trivia during the day but that bores me. 
Oh well, I’m excited and I’m sure I will enjoy it!

Love me some Sea Days. 95+ % all my Cruises had more these then Port Days

We have done the Trans Pacific from Australia three times. My DH was worried about all of the sea days, too, on our first one. He now loves them. They have tons of activities,; whether you like participating or watching. You would have a hard time doing everything scheduled. 

We bring binoculars so we can watch for sea life from our balcony. On these itineraries we have seen a banded sea snake, many turtles. a hammer head shark (chasing one of the turtles), dolphins and a sun fish. We always enjoy watching for flying fish too.