New Zealand rental vehicles

6 hours ago, Nowcruise5 said:

Planning on renting a vehicle for a few days in Auckland. Looking for a rental agency near the cruise port in Auckland and the ability turn the vehicle in at the Airport. Recommendations?

I guess you are flying seeing you wanting to return car to the airport ? Every flight i have booked allways has add on with a discount , accommodation and car rental that's were i would look .

35 minutes ago, Hogbay said:

I guess you are flying seeing you wanting to return car to the airport ? Every flight i have booked allways has add on with a discount , accommodation and car rental that's were i would look .

They could be doing a one way cruise to Auckland, staying a few days, then flying home.

7 hours ago, Nowcruise5 said:

Planning on renting a vehicle for a few days in Auckland. Looking for a rental agency near the cruise port in Auckland and the ability turn the vehicle in at the Airport. Recommendations?

Check if the major rental car companies have depots in the CBD. Many of the smaller companies only operate out of one location which might be city or airport but not both.

I have used Go car rental in Jan 2020. Non of the rental firms are close to dock. Go IIRC is about 1k from the dock but it was close to our hotel. Their airport drop off is about 500m from airport and they run a free shuttle to and from terminal. I found them cheaper than the big names and service was excellent. Some rental companies offer pick ups or drop offs.

Edited by lyndarra

Of the well known ones, Avis is probably the closest. Perhaps a 17 minute walk away. Hertz probably 20 mins walk. Perhaps take an Uber. Both are about 8 minutes away. 

There’s Europcar that’s only 10 minutes walk away, but I know nothing about them. 

Edited by Zanado