Scarlet Lady “daily” (sea day today), can also answer questions.

AdoraBelle

1 hour ago, janbear said:

Thank you for posting! Does the ship seem fairly full? We have only been on once and had only 539 passengers so we are hoping its busier this time (although it was nice not having to wait for anything!) 

It does not feel super full, but crowds suddenly coalesce. I guess I was early ish for tea this morning at The Galley, because it seemed empty, but by the time I finished my second cup of tea and looked up from my phone tables were full all around me. “Never Sleep Alone” seems to be sold out all week. Afternoon drag show is full including people up in the second floor of the manor. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, AdoraBelle said:

It does not feel super full, but crowds suddenly coalesce. I guess I was early ish for tea this morning at The Galley, because it seemed empty, but by the time I finished my second cup of tea and looked up from my phone tables were full all around me. 

Are you planning to do the special tea service in the Sip bar? We saw that last time and we're considering doing it this next cruise (with the champagne of course 🙂

2 minutes ago, janbear said:

Are you planning to do the special tea service in the Sip bar? We saw that last time and we're considering doing it this next cruise (with the champagne of course 🙂

It’s the kind of thing I would be interested in in theory, but I feel like I’ve seen some reports that it’s not worth the money. I can’t remember the specifics though. maybe on my next trip when I’ll have a lot more OBC. 🙂

• Like 2

Also, at first I was feeling like the ship might actually be too empty, because it seemed like the pool deck was always empty, but this afternoon it’s packed. I guess it just took a little while longer than on my other cruises for people to get out there. (Not packed as in nowhere to sit, but I wouldn’t try getting in the pools personally.)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, snoopycr said:

Did you get the champagne package 

How is the food and entertainment

Our trip leaves on Sept 16!🤞

I don’t drink much so I don’t know about the champagne package.

The food is the best I’ve ever had on a cruise. I have mostly sailed newer Norwegian ships, and one Disney cruise. I’ve only been on the ship for 24 hours though, and only one sit-down dinner, which was fabulous. 

(tonight is pink agave.)

• Like 1

The food onboard is great, had dinner last night at Razzle Dazzle with a good butter chicken curry and tonight at Test Kitchen.

Untitled Dance Show Party Thing is fun but Ships in the Night wasn’t quite as interesting for me. 
Had fun trying to keep up with the boy and dance class this afternoon. Shame a lot of smaller things were all on at the same time around 2pm today, there was four things I could have done.

2 hours ago, Sherry84 said:

Hi there, was wondering if you did the grog walk and if so was it worth it? Thanks in advance and enjoy the rest of your cruise 🙂

Not OP, but I've done the grog walk twice before.  Absolutely worth it - you get 4 drinks (+ potentially extras if there are leftovers that someone has to drink), get to mingle with other guests and happenings cast members and get to see a bunch of restaurants/bars on the ship in a short period of time.  I'd definitely recommend doing it on night 1 if you can get in - it gives a nice little kick-off overture of your trip!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, _tacocat_ said:

Not OP, but I've done the grog walk twice before.  Absolutely worth it - you get 4 drinks (+ potentially extras if there are leftovers that someone has to drink), get to mingle with other guests and happenings cast members and get to see a bunch of restaurants/bars on the ship in a short period of time.  I'd definitely recommend doing it on night 1 if you can get in - it gives a nice little kick-off overture of your trip!

Fantastic, thank you! 

14 hours ago, cantgetin said:

THe ship has been sailing at about 1000 passengers recently, some sailings a little higher.

I was told tonight by a crew member that they’re expecting 1800 next week, and that it would be the biggest crowd on the ship thus far, and so everyone’s a little nervous. The person I was talking to wasn’t from the US and didn’t know about Labor Day weekend, which I assume accounts for some of it. (The cruise starts on the Friday of Labor Day weekend and I think is a 4 day.)

I guess it’s also possible some buzz is starting to catch?

12 hours ago, snoopycr said:

How are the space/seating for pool and hot tubs. From the yt. Videos, it seems limited for cruise ships. Royal has maybe 8 hotubs? 

there are two pools on 15 - the main one is oblong with wading depth ends and a 5' deep middle.  you can either take a dip, or sit on the stairs/ledge/wading area to just cool off a bit/drink/read/whatever.  behind the bar (towards the gym/galley), there's a round pool with a kind of plus sign configuration of seats in the middle.  it has a button in the middle of the plus sign to turn the jets on.  there are 2 hot tubs by that pool, 2 on 16 towards the aft, and 2 on richard's rooftop for rockstars that maybe fit 4-6 people each?

i've been on with 1,800 (richard's bday), 1,600-1,700 (last december), 1,200 (july) and 800 (june).  i've never had an issue getting into the pools or hot tubs, although chairs can get scarce during the middle of sea days. 

• Like 2

How are the space/seating for pool and hot tubs. From the yt. Videos, it seems limited for cruise ships. Royal has maybe 8 hotubs? 

It depends on what you mean. The main pool is smallish, like the Disney pools. But there’s also a circular pool on the other side of the bar, with hot tubs. 

There is NO END to loungers, sunbeds, shaded and unshaded, all over the ship. I kept finding more and more on decks 15/16/17. And more hot tubs. I can’t imagine there will be chair hog complaints, other than by the people who insist on a chair that’s touching the edge of the pool for their entire cruise.

Also keep in mind this ship has like half the passenger capacity of the typical big RC ship. I’m not sure it needs 8 hot tubs. 

• Like 1

There are six hot tubs in total, two mid ship next, two near the aft and two in Richard’s Rooftop for suite guests only. Then there is a jacuzzi pool midship. We’ve got about 900 guests and there has always been room in the pools and loungers available. If you want to sunbathe there were loads of loungers on deck 16 above the pools.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AdoraBelle said:

I can’t imagine there will be chair hog complaints, other than by the people who insist on a chair that’s touching the edge of the pool for their entire cruise.

eh we've seen quite a few chogs on the pool deck on all 4 voyages so far. 

it's pretty obnoxious that one person in the group comes down at 6am to leave a flip flop, hat or book on 6 chairs on a sea day, and disappears for hours to hold spots for their groups until like 2pm.  i caught on after the first time that happened and didn't worry about moving someone's definitely abandoned, no humans in sight, placeholder stuff.  i've never had someone come back to collect it in the time that i used the chair.

• Like 1