Thanksgiving

dallascruiser

17 minutes ago, dallascruiser said:

Thanks you all!  By any chance do they have something similar for lunch, I am unable to eat dinner, usually only a piece of fruit etc, I have severe allergies and stomach problems.

I am sure if you let them know in advance  they will work with you

What would you eat for lunch normally ?

They have a carving stations with different  meats  in The Terrace

Burgers/fish.steak/lamb  pork chops  etc on the grill or in Waves

Salads

Wife and I will be on Sirena in the E. Caribbean on Thanksgiving 2022, so will be interesting to see what they do. BUT a rather hard pass for me on actually wanting to eat yet another traditional Thanksgiving Day meal. Hoping to be eating lots of different food that day. They did some nice Caribbean food days on Riviera 12/21.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, LHT28 said:

I am sure if you let them know in advance  they will work with you

What would you eat for lunch normally ?

They have a carving stations with different  meats  in The Terrace

Burgers/fish.steak/lamb  pork chops  etc on the grill or in Waves

Salads

I normally eat a really large meal for lunch, meat, potatoes, salad etc.  just stay away from wheat, dairy, garlic, dyes, nuts, certain oils- the list covers about 50 foods.  Thanks

2 minutes ago, dallascruiser said:

I normally eat a really large meal for lunch, meat, potatoes, salad etc.  just stay away from wheat, dairy, garlic, dyes, nuts, certain oils- the list covers about 50 foods.  Thanks

Just  have your TA  or who ever you booked with  put a note on your file  before you go

Then they will work with you for the food allergies

Also speak to the MaitreD  the first day  or F & B manager  so they will be sure to keep you safe

Enjoy

2 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Just  have your TA  or who ever you booked with  put a note on your file  before you go

Then they will work with you for the food allergies

Also speak to the MaitreD  the first day  or F & B manager  so they will be sure to keep you safe

Enjoy

Thanks my TA has my allergies noted.  It’s difficult for me to travel but I usually make do with something I can eat.  I live vicariously thru my husband watching him enjoy things I can’t eat.

53 minutes ago, dallascruiser said:

Thanks my TA has my allergies noted.  It’s difficult for me to travel but I usually make do with something I can eat.  I live vicariously thru my husband watching him enjoy things I can’t eat.

Just  remind the wait staff you have a special diet

Enjoy

17 hours ago, Snuffie said:

Is xmas day menu similar to thanksgiving day?  Or is speciality restaurant a better option?

I hope someone answers this question as we want to know as well - are the Christmas dinners served in the specialty restaurants? Or does everyone flood the MDR?

For us on our cruise, Christmas ( a Sunday this year) is a sea day - sea day & Sunday = brunch.

13 minutes ago, Robjame said:

I hope someone answers this question as we want to know as well - are the Christmas dinners served in the specialty restaurants? Or does everyone flood the MDR?

For us on our cruise, Christmas ( a Sunday this year) is a sea day - sea day & Sunday = brunch.

This is slightly off topic but I was on an O cruise a few years ago on Mother's Day.  It's a Sunday and it was a sea day. There was no special dinner or buffet. Oceania didn't do anything to celebrate. Considering that many restaurants on land have a lavish brunch buffet or special menu on Mother's Day, it was a disappointment. 

I haven't been on a cruise on Thanksgiving or Christmas but it's encouraging to hear that a special menu is provided.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/31/2022 at 12:53 PM, LHT28 said:

Just  remind the wait staff you have a special diet

Enjoy

I traveled on Oceania several years ago with a friend who had to follow a strict gluten-free menu.  Each morning in the terrace cafe a staff member would be waiting for her to take here around the buffet and show here what she could eat and what to stay away from.  It was the best service we had ever seen.  Similar care was taken in the GDR and the specialty restaurants.  If they follow the same protocol now, you should be fine and enjoy your cruise very much.  

• Like 1

On 9/7/2022 at 11:22 AM, Snuffie said:

Is xmas day menu similar to thanksgiving day?  Or is speciality restaurant a better option?

I was on an O cruise on Xmas day a few years ago and there was a magnificent buffet in the GDR with numerous serving stations that started about 11am and went on most of the day. Truly wonderful. They really went all out with decorations and carols etc as well.

• Like 1

We are currently booked to be on the Riviera for Thanksgiving next year.  Is it the case that even the specialty restaurants will be featuring the traditional Thanksgiving fare on that day?  Or would they have their own twists on Thanksgiving dinner?

For Christmas, would the Italian venue offer the Feast of Seven Fishes?  Or am I just dreaming?

Edited by Psoque
clarified Thanksgiving vs. Christmas

35 minutes ago, Psoque said:

Christmas, would the Italian venue offer the Feast of Seven Fishes?  Or am I just dreaming?

Of course Thanksgiving is an American Holiday (Festival)

With the Recent Americanization of Oceania I would lean more to turkey in every venue. Their marketers know that Americans are the majority of their clients.

1 hour ago, Robjame said:

Of course Thanksgiving is an American Holiday (Festival)

With the Recent Americanization of Oceania I would lean more to turkey in every venue. Their marketers know that Americans are the majority of their clients.

RECENT???

It has always  catered to the American market 

IMO

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

has always  catered to the American market 

Yes you are absolutely right. Substitute increased for recent. I was thinking of the “recent” Americanization of their new ship Vista, a fact which caused us to cancel our reservations.

When we first sailed O back in 2004  the  majority of the PAX  were American   other Nationalities  were maybe 10 %

The staff  were International ( I miss that  mix)

Now  there are a lot more  International Pax   but still the US pax  are  in the lead

Staff now is not as diverse  as it used to be 

JMO

5 hours ago, Robjame said:

Yes you are absolutely right. Substitute increased for recent. I was thinking of the “recent” Americanization of their new ship Vista, a fact which caused us to cancel our reservations.

How is a ship "Americanized?"  I'm really curious to know what a Canadian considers "Americanized."

Edited by Psoque