How much food cost person does the specialty dining package cover for Izumi and Teppenyaki

seapad

I know the specialty dining package covers $35 pp to eat in Izumi or Teppanyaki, plus another $10 surcharge. However, I noted that when I purchased the package a while ago, the website says it covers $20 food cost. So did RCL increased the price? 

With the $10 surcharge, and covering only $20 food, this would make eating at Izumi ($35 - $20 + $10) = $25 pp. Which is not much of a deal. Hope someine can clarify. I'm really hoping to try the Izumi and the Teppanyaki. 

Thanks! 

5 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

This is Izumi Sushi.

image.thumb.png.3a87084325ccf1a4bdaf93999248a4ae.png

image.thumb.png.274152e3e2bf45d796b6cd27797be0f4.png

I get that the pixel price is $35. But if I have bought the specialty dining package, izumi is included. I'm just confused that the website says it covers $20 food for a lar carte restaurant. So is izumi considered a la carte?

I have not done Teppanyaki.   I looked it up on the app and it looks like it offers the same as Izumi Habachi. 

I also noticed Odyssey has Izumi Sushi.   Maybe someone that has done Teppanyaki can verify if there is much of a difference. 

33 minutes ago, seapad said:

I get that the pixel price is $35. But if I have bought the specialty dining package, izumi is included. I'm just confused that the website says it covers $20 food for a lar carte restaurant. So is izumi considered a la carte?

Izumi is included either at $35 for the a la carte menu or it includes the fixed menu which is 1 small plate, 2 large plates and dessert (more than the $35 value)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I have not done Teppanyaki.   I looked it up on the app and it looks like it offers the same as Izumi Habachi. 

I also noticed Odyssey has Izumi Sushi.   Maybe someone that has done Teppanyaki can verify if there is much of a difference. 

Teppanyaki and Hibachi are one and the same

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The teppanyaki / Hibachi is fixed price.  One price for one protein and another price for 2 proteins.  Somewhere around $45

Thank you, I got it now. However, if I go to the Teppanyaki/Hibachi, sand have the fixed $45 meal, does it mean that I just have to pay for the $10 surcharge? The rest of the $45 would be covered under my specialty package?

Thanks!

8 minutes ago, seapad said:

Thank you, I got it now. However, if I go to the Teppanyaki/Hibachi, sand have the fixed $45 meal, does it mean that I just have to pay for the $10 surcharge? The rest of the $45 would be covered under my specialty package?

Thanks!

If you have the dining plan you just pay the $10 surcharge and you will get the 2 protein meal

10 minutes ago, blueslily said:

So, are we saving any money if we get the dining plan Or is it nearly the same  as paying without the plan? I'm trying to understand what is the value when you break down the meal cost. 

It depends on where you plan to eat.  Best way to figure out is to compare the cost per day of the dinning plan you want to get to the cost of the restaurants you plan to eat at.  If you eat at places like Chops and 150 CP you will easily save money.  Most of the time the cost on board is more expensive than paying for even single restaurants in advance.

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Izumi is included either at $35 for the a la carte menu or it includes the fixed menu which is 1 small plate, 2 large plates and dessert (more than the $35 value)

Or, you can "trade in" the dessert for a second small plate.  😄 

• Like 1