Star Breeze Electrical Outlets

jtrdhead13

Taking my first Windstar cruise on the Star Breeze.  Was wondering what the electrical outlets are in the cabins, so I know what plugs to bring?  The site only says 110/120 outlets.  I'm assuming Type A and B for 110 (United States) and think also Type C for European.  Can someone please clarify. 

34 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

This is not the sort of question where suppositions are helpful.  Hopefully someone with a clear memory (or even better, pictures) of their cabin on Star Breeze can give you reliable information.

The type B is a certainty.  The only question about C vs F is whether there is a grounding pin in the outlet, which I can't ascertain.  And a C plug will work in either.

And the info can be confirmed by the cabin photos on the Windstar website.

Just returned from Star Pride. The original cabins only have two outlets: one US and one (2-prong) European above the desk; no outlets of any type next to the bed. There were also two USB ports on the wall under the TV. The new cabins have additional US and European outlets and, as noted, are shown on the Windstar website's cabin photos.

• Thanks 1

And be sure to remember that not all USB jacks are created alike.  There can be significant differences in amperage, which can affect the charging of devices.  Some may be as low as 0.5 mA, while some Apple devices want charges of at least 2.1 amps.  And I have yet to find a cruise ship that identifies the amperage of a USB port.

IMO, it is always best to be using either your original charger or a third-party charger that has specs at least as good as the OEM product.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1