Vibe Beach Club / Prima / 12/30/22

sunshine4me2

Made our final payment for our NYE Prima cruise.  Read a recent blog report of a current traveler on the Prima, and it was mentioned the pool area is smaller than other NCL ships.

As we have never bought passes for the Vibe on other cruises and the passes or the Vibe are $269 each, I'm wondereing if Vibe is worth it.  If someone out there is currently Prima, would appreciate your opinion.

For those of you NOT currently on Prima and have bought Vibe passes in the past, could you share anything about it,  I know they have have hot tubs, adults only, private bar, and food service, but is there a mad scramble every morning to get a chaise, as you would on the pool deck?  are there areas where you can be out of the sun? If I pre=purchase Vibe passes, and change my mind, can I get a refund?

My thoughts, if you are paying $269 pp for Vibe, then there should be enough seating to accommodate people any time without having to "dibs" a chaise at 8 am!

• Like 2

Having an area where 100 people come every single day and drink from dedicated bartenders leads to some enhanced opportunity for friendship and fraternization even for a relive introvert.   

I’ll tell you after my 10/15 cruise - i plan to vibe it up!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sunshine4me2 said:

Made our final payment for our NYE Prima cruise.  Read a recent blog report of a current traveler on the Prima, and it was mentioned the pool area is smaller than other NCL ships.

As we have never bought passes for the Vibe on other cruises and the passes or the Vibe are $269 each, I'm wondereing if Vibe is worth it.  If someone out there is currently Prima, would appreciate your opinion.

For those of you NOT currently on Prima and have bought Vibe passes in the past, could you share anything about it,  I know they have have hot tubs, adults only, private bar, and food service, but is there a mad scramble every morning to get a chaise, as you would on the pool deck?  are there areas where you can be out of the sun? If I pre=purchase Vibe passes, and change my mind, can I get a refund?

My thoughts, if you are paying $269 pp for Vibe, then there should be enough seating to accommodate people any time without having to "dibs" a chaise at 8 am!

Since the first Prima cruise is currently in progress hosting media and travel agents, there are only a few members of CC posting as they can. In addition, this is more of a cold weather cruise so I doubt the Vibe is being used very much. In the past on other ships, the Vibe gives a more exclusive experience and is the opposite of the pool deck. The atmosphere is much more relaxed. There are shaded areas and I do believe (but do not know from experience) that if on the first day it is not your thing, you can request a refund.  As for the question of is it worth it, only you can answer that.

7 hours ago, sunshine4me2 said:

No mad scramble for seating. We've had Vibe passes a couple of times on other ships, no need to wake up early to be sure you got a seat.   The only issue on our recent Joy trip was the lack of Umbrellas but the bar staff said they were planning to get more but more than enough seating for everyone with passes.

8 hours ago, sunshine4me2 said:

My wife and I have bought Vibe passes a few times on the BA and Escape. Just booked them online for the Getaway in January. We love the Vibe, most of the time it might be 50% full, never seen it crowded. Plenty of places to sit, their own bar etc..... The only "Food Service" is fruit skewers I have seen. We never tried ordering food, its easy enough to walk down to the buffet to get something to bring back to eat.

Here is the Vibe on the Escape and Breakaway.....

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 8/31/2022 at 9:39 PM, sunshine4me2 said:

Were you able to get passes? I tried and there weren't any available. 

4 hours ago, jaimeleigh12 said:

Were you able to get passes? I tried and there weren't any available. 

Yes I did, sometime in September.  At that time, they were available.  From reading previous posts, my suggestion is as soon as u are on board ship, you should try to get them.  I heard whatever MAY still be available on embarkation day, will go fast.  Good luck.

Currently on the December 3rd sailing of Prima-prepurchased online vibe tickets a long time ago for this and another for the Prima sailing March 5th 2023 out of Port Canaveral. Rommel in the Vibe told me that the Vibe is already SOLD OUT into/thru May 2023. None are available for purchase on board-None are held back for people when embarking/boarding.

• Like 1

On 12/4/2022 at 5:53 PM, Acruzaholic said:

Currently on the December 3rd sailing of Prima-prepurchased online vibe tickets a long time ago for this and another for the Prima sailing March 5th 2023 out of Port Canaveral. Rommel in the Vibe told me that the Vibe is already SOLD OUT into/thru May 2023. None are available for purchase on board-None are held back for people when embarking/boarding.

This is a bummer to hear. I'm on the Prima in 11 days. Who is Rommel? Someone who would know for sure? 

13 hours ago, njsmom said:

This is a bummer to hear. I'm on the Prima in 11 days. Who is Rommel? Someone who would know for sure? 

I really hope this is not the case, we booked Prima for early January and Vibe is not available online, I will be gutted if we turn up at port early to find none available onboard to purchase. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, catgags said:

Someone posted Rommel Michael and Vinny!!

The dream team!!!

74 days!!! Can't wait!!!

Yes, those are the Vibe bartenders on the Prima. Everyone said they came from Encore's Vibe. Also, The Chocolate Cowboy is on Prima. I think he was at the Metropolitan bar

Rommel, Michael and Vinny are the best of the best vibe bartenders. They have been opening vibe on the new ships ships when they come out. I have been lucky enough to sail with them a few times on other ships. I will be on the Encore in April and I’m very sad they won’t be there. 

On 12/13/2022 at 5:46 AM, kenzie said:

I really hope this is not the case, we booked Prima for early January and Vibe is not available online, I will be gutted if we turn up at port early to find none available onboard to purchase. 

This is the case. 100% of passes are available online, so if it says unavailable, it’s sold out. I and multiple others showed up early to try and score some at Guest Services…sold out. This was just last week on the 12/3 sailing. One couple got lucky and got the last two passes when they boarded…someone cancelled last minute, and they were literally guests 3 and 4 on the ship. So good luck!

Thankfully, I was able to use my charm and a bit of luck to score a pass a different way, and it totally made my trip! Prima Vibe is the best!!

4 hours ago, zackarykeef said:

This is the case. 100% of passes are available online, so if it says unavailable, it’s sold out. I and multiple others showed up early to try and score some at Guest Services…sold out. This was just last week on the 12/3 sailing. One couple got lucky and got the last two passes when they boarded…someone cancelled last minute, and they were literally guests 3 and 4 on the ship. So good luck!

Thankfully, I was able to use my charm and a bit of luck to score a pass a different way, and it totally made my trip! Prima Vibe is the best!!

The Vibe is one of the features why we remained with NCL and have become Sapphire, I am gutted that we will be unable to get passes, this will make a huge impact on whether we choose another line, such as Royal where they have the Solarium -not the vibe but a nice area. Yesterday, I saw your post on "Shots" and got excited that you have got Vibe passes- as you said on 4 December you had obtained them in the vibe, I am now not looking forward to this cruise at all. 

2 hours ago, kenzie said:

The Vibe is one of the features why we remained with NCL and have become Sapphire, I am gutted that we will be unable to get passes, this will make a huge impact on whether we choose another line, such as Royal where they have the Solarium -not the vibe but a nice area. Yesterday, I saw your post on "Shots" and got excited that you have got Vibe passes- as you said on 4 December you had obtained them in the vibe, I am now not looking forward to this cruise at all. 

Yeah, I’m with you. I only want to cruise with Vibe, so this is a huge blow for us. I do like having the availability online, but I wish they would make it so you could see if a cruise had availability before booking. With my job, I can never book far in advance, so this is going to be an ongoing issue for me, which could cause me to sail X and MSC more as well. I think a search filter like “Vibe Available” would be helpful. Especially if say, the week I’m looking at one ship has availability and another doesn’t, it would help my decision. I don’t want to make final payment just to find out Vibe is sold out.

I do recommend you take the time to check the app and website often. With your cruise coming up, people always have last minute issues/cancellations, and passes become available. That’s how we got 1 of ours, and we met several people in Vibe who did the same.

And lastly…post in your specific roll call here or a group on the other social media site. I seriously posted as a joke asking if anyone wanted to give up their pass, but that is how I scored mine on boarding day.

Good luck!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2022 at 7:30 AM, zackarykeef said:

I do like having the availability online, but I wish they would make it so you could see if a cruise had availability before booking.

I agree, would be nice to see before you book.  It's been suggested to ask in a roll call group (here or on any other social media site) to have someone who is booked check on availability before you book.