Best restaurant on the Beyond

Fuzzy55

I think it depends on what you like to eat.  Have you looked at the menus?   You can view all of the menus on the Celebrity App. 

I sail in October so I can't give my opinion on the food and experience yet.   I have Eden booked.  It gets such rave reviews.  I'll see for myself. 😉   I also booked Rooftop Garden Grill for being outside and some different things offered from the rest of the venues.  

The other options are Le Voyage, Le Petit Chef, Raw on 5 and Fine Cut Steakhouse.  

I've done Le Petit Chef before and enjoyed it.  The Beyond has a new menu that I'm not crazy about and I also wanted to try new places.  I like to do 2 Specialty Restaurants.  Fine Cut Steakhouse...It gets mixed reviews and we have some great high end steakhouses we go to so I don't necessarily need to try that for my upcoming cruise.  Le Voyage. Eh. I wasn't  impressed when I saw the menu, but that's me.  People so far seem to like it overall, based on reviews I've seen.  Raw on 5.   We'll probably stop by for lunch or maybe apps before dinner one day/night.

Le Grande Bistro is also available as a lunch option.  Le Petit Chef is held there at night. 

🍹

• Like 1

We sail on Beyond on 9/24. I've studied the menus and was persuaded to book Le Voyage (standard meal, not tasting or Chef's Table), Rooftop Garden Grill, and Eden. I'm having second thoughts about Le Voyage and might switch to Fine Cut even though it has mixed reviews on other ships. 

We have the same Eden, Rooftop and Le Voyage booked.  We have done Eden and Rooftop on Edge and Apex and loved the, both.   We did Fine Cut on Edge it was ok, but even seated in the middle not by the open area it was noisy.  We are looking forward to trying Le Voyage. 

• Like 1

We have been on Apex and Edge. Have done Raw on 5 and loved the seafood tower. Did Fine Cut, and it was just ok.  Loved Eden and will do this on Beyond in November.  We usually have a suite and the food in Luminae is very much to our liking so we don't usually do many restaurants anymore. Check out the menus and the decide if you think it's worth the extra charge. 

• Like 2

Have also been on Apex and Edge. Eden on Apex was our favorite and we will do it on Beyond in January. We had a great meal at Fine Cut on Edge, our table was near the window and noise was not an issue.  Not a big seafood fan so we won’t be doing Raw on 5. 

Lunch at LeGrand Bistro is gem that doesn’t seem to get a lot of discussion.

mac_tlc

2 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

Yikes. An increase from $10 to $30 will give us pause also. 

mac_tlc

Ii don’t remember it being $10.  We first went in Jan 2019 on Edge and it was $20 pp on Apex in April it was $20 pp but at the end of April specialty restaurant prices went up, LeGran Bistro by 50% others by 18%. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Ii don’t remember it being $10.  We first went in Jan 2019 on Edge and it was $20 pp on Apex in April it was $20 pp but at the end of April specialty restaurant prices went up, LeGran Bistro by 50% others by 18%. 

You’re right. Typo on my part! A 50% increase is a bit much. 

I wonder if you can negotiate anything on the new price.

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc

I was also shocked by the price increase on Le Grand Bistro but there is one "Plats du Jour" that sounds like it might be worth it. I embark on a Sunday and the daily special is Dover Sole Meunière. I will combine that with the escargot appetizer, the Lobster bisque and a couple desserts and that combination is a meal I'm willing to play $30 + 20% tip for. 

There is no way I would pay a $30 up charge for one of the sandwiches or some of the other plat du jours on the menu.