my.cunard - what is the accepted format for the emergency contact telephone number?

alc13

Maybe I should be more specific - I’m trying to complete the emergency contact form in my.Cunard, and I can’t figure out the correct format for the telephone number.  I keep getting an “invalid number” message and I can’t submit the form without it.  Does anyone who’s completed that form recently remember the correct format?

Thought I’d check here before calling customer service.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, alc13 said:

Maybe I should be more specific - I’m trying to complete the emergency contact form in my.Cunard, and I can’t figure out the correct format for the telephone number.  I keep getting an “invalid number” message and I can’t submit the form without it.  Does anyone who’s completed that form recently remember the correct format?

Thought I’d check here before calling customer service.

I needed to call..

• Haha 1

I managed to get My Cunard to accept emergency contact phone numbers for my US booking in 10 digit format without any dashes and without the leading 1 for the country code, e.g. 3215559876. That was about three months ago though.

There have been reports of various issues with getting My Cunard to accept the emergency contact details, including with phone numbers and state abbreviations. So, if it is not accepting your phone numbers in the format I have indicated, then you may have run into one of those issues.

Edited by bluemarble
  • Thanks 1

What number did you call, please?

I have this problem, too. When I had the problem in the past, my TA took care, this time, my old agent retired and replace by a new person, they just told me, they can't fix it either, and I need to call Cunard in the US.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2022 at 7:49 AM, carlmm said:

my old agent retired and replace by a new person, they just told me, they can't fix it either, and I need to call Cunard in the US.

You may find that Cunard won't deal directly with you once they have determined that you have booked through a travel agent. That interface to Cunard should be through the agent.

Do you not just start with +1 ahead of the usual USA number, but may have to drop the first 0  from your normally dialled domestic internal USA number?  In the UK we start with +44 ahead of the usual UK number and drop the first 0   so 0206 123456 would be +44206 123456. Might also need not to have spaces. Germany is +49.

Regards John

Edited by john watson
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, john watson said:

Do you not just start with +1 ahead of the usual USA number, but may have to drop the first 0  from your normally dialled domestic internal USA number?  In the UK we start with +44 ahead of the usual UK number and drop the first 0   so 0206 123456 would be +44206 123456. Might also need not to have spaces. Germany is +49.

Regards John

As I mentioned in post #5 above, the expected format for a US phone number in the US version of My Cunard does not include the "1" prefix or any spaces or other special characters. US phone numbers never start with a "0".

In the US, we have a variety of different conventions for listing phone numbers. Here are some of the most popular alternatives for the example phone number I used in my reply above.

321-555-9876

(321) 555-9876

1-321-555-9876

1 (321) 555-9876

What My Cunard is expecting for this example phone number is simply 3215559876.

(Just as a footnote, I have used "555" for the middle "central office" or "exchange" portion of the example US phone number as a convention to avoid inadvertently mentioning someone's real phone number. No individual's phone number in the US will ever have "555" for that portion of the number. You may have noticed when a movie or television show mentions or displays a US phone number, they will usually make it a "555" number for that reason.)

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 1

I've been unable to enter any information into the Emergency Contact field, with or without a phone number, and with or without an address including the properly formatted 2-letter state ID.

Eventually I'll contact my travel agent to have the information entered but for the time being I keep hoping to find the magic keystroke.

Edited by Underwatr

On 9/12/2022 at 11:49 PM, Underwatr said:

I've been unable to enter any information into the Emergency Contact field, with or without a phone number, and with or without an address including the properly formatted 2-letter state ID..

I got caught up in this situation a while ago, and discovered that a little after the telephone number entry field, there is a place to indicate your country; for me (in New Jersey!) it was preset to the UK; when I changed it to US, the 10-digit/no hyphens/no spaces phone number was accepted.

• Like 1

Today I finally gave up and contacted my TA, who advised that I needed to talk to Cunard directly since it was a Cunard IT issue and not something booking-related that he could/should manage himself. 
I phoned the 800 number and was connected with no waiting, and the Cunard CSR was able to enter my emergency contact information with no difficulty. She did say that they're aware of the issue.