Don’t Get Covid on Princess

memoak

3 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

The blame lies with someone of advancing age (I am in that category) choosing to cruise who is aware of the risk.  I tested negative two days before disembarking. I got off the Caribbean Princess Aug 31 and tested positive today so obviously contracted it on board. I haven't been out of the house so believe I contracted it on board.

I'm of the impression that there are more than some (many of which are seniors like us,) who contract the virus without severe symptoms and and choose to not report it and choose not to isolate so that they do not inconvenience themselves.  They're also probably the same ones that you'll see ignoring suggestions to wear masks.  I is really a shame how their claims to individual rights impacts other passengers, and regrettably how Princess is afraid of these individuals.  But as a point of comparison, you should see how quickly a ship is locked down when there is an outbreak of norovirus.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, alanasgpa said:

Has anybody that was isolated received any type of FCC for the missed cruise days while in isolation??

I tested positive at the end of the land tour. I received FCC from Princess for my missed 8 days (7 night cruise plus 1 day travel Talkeetna to Whittier). The FCC appeared in my account 2 or 3 weeks after the ‘end’ of the cruise.

my problem now is trying to get Princess to remove that FCC from my account because I have been reimburse from my insurance claim.🙂

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Hazelnut1106 said:

I tested positive at the end of the land tour. I received FCC from Princess for my missed 8 days (7 night cruise plus 1 day travel Talkeetna to Whittier). The FCC appeared in my account 2 or 3 weeks after the ‘end’ of the cruise.

my problem now is trying to get Princess to remove that FCC from my account because I have been reimburse from my insurance claim.🙂

I’ve been waiting close to 3 months for my 2 days… fist they said there working on it and would take a couple of weeks then after a couple of weeks it would be another month and they told me they have no evidence of me having Covid on the ship😂😂😂

2 minutes ago, alanasgpa said:

I’ve been waiting close to 3 months for my 2 days… fist they said there working on it and would take a couple of weeks then after a couple of weeks it would be another month and they told me they have no evidence of me having Covid on the ship😂😂😂

Sounds so much like the new Princess Cruise Line.  New management, even worse than the previous regime.

7 hours ago, dweeb said:

Renmar,

I am sorry to hear that you caught Covid.   Hopefully you will recover quickly.  I'm surprised you did not research this about QM2, prior to booking the princess cruise.  I hope that you purchased travel insurance that covers your loss.  I know that I would not have taken the chance of trying to cruise for 14 days on one cruise line then cruising again on the QM2 so soon afterward.  

I hear what you saying and my DW will probably agree with you. My excuse is that this was the only change we had to go to Europe without sitting in a crowded plane for about 10 hours. I looked at several options to get us to Europe, even willing to take business class. However, the cost of business class flying was more expensive than taking the shorter flight to NY return + the QM2 return. 

I still blame Princess for a large part of us ending up being infected with Covid.

Theo

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SiliconCruiser said:

I'm of the impression that there are more than some (many of which are seniors like us,) who contract the virus without severe symptoms and and choose to not report it and choose not to isolate so that they do not inconvenience themselves.  They're also probably the same ones that you'll see ignoring suggestions to wear masks.  I is really a shame how their claims to individual rights impacts other passengers, and regrettably how Princess is afraid of these individuals.  But as a point of comparison, you should see how quickly a ship is locked down when there is an outbreak of norovirus.

I had Covid with absolutely ZERO symptoms..not even a sniffle! Only tested because my husband...with just a tiny bit of hoarseness...tested positive..So people ARE walking around positive but not necessarily because they are trying not to "inconvenience" themselves.

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, sabreline said:

I had Covid with absolutely ZERO symptoms..not even a sniffle! Only tested because my husband...with just a tiny bit of hoarseness...tested positive..So people ARE walking around positive but not necessarily because they are trying not to "inconvenience" themselves.

I agree, I was in the same situation.  On the other hand, I did have the sniffles at one time, but tested negative for covid.  I imagine some people I came in contact with may have assumed I had covid.  You simply shouldn't judge people one way or the other or what their motives may be.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SiliconCruiser said:

Unfortunately, the more horror stories of what happens (or doesn't happen) in Covid isolation I hear, the more I can understand why folks wouldn't report that they have symptoms/test positive. Definitely not advocating/approving of that, but I see why someone would choose to just deal with it themselves unless they were super sick and needed medical help.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, alanasgpa said:

Has anybody that was isolated received any type of FCC for the missed cruise days while in isolation??

Why would you expect any FCC.  After all you are on the ship.  If you had an accident of some type and were laid up in your cabin for a few days because you couldn't get around would you also expect FCC.  Also back in the day when the big issue was noro and you were isolated in your cabin because of it I am sure that people didn't expect FCC for their noro days.

DON

Edited by donaldsc
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, donaldsc said:

Why would you expect any FCC.  After all you are on the ship.  If you had an accident of some type and were laid up in your cabin for a few days because you couldn't get around would you also expect FCC.  Also back in the day when the big issue was noro and you were isolated in your cabin because of it I am sure that people didn't expect FCC for their noro days.

DON

How about because Princess promised us FCC !!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Princessfan20 said:

Princess promises are really the same as "talking out both sides of their mouths" as we know now about how they really deal with Covid on their ships and treat the passengers they infected.

When promised are in writing including masks being required on this particular cruise Princess must be held to account. These things should be major news stories

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, donaldsc said:

DON

How about because Princess said that people that were quarantined would get FCC

39 minutes ago, memoak said:

How about because Princess promised us FCC !!!

I didn't know that as I have stopped cruising on Princess and have switched to smaller ships.  However I still don't see why they offered FCC to people who were quarantined with Covid but have never offered FCC to the many people who were isolated with other issues.

DON

• Like 2

16 hours ago, memoak said:

We are having an opposite experience here in our Covid hell. Once we got our Paxlovid prescription we never heard from Medical again. Passenger service will not answer any questions and has stopped answering any of our calls now. We have no idea of how tomorrow will play out but I can tell you one thing how are they going to make me wear a mask ??

Sorry to hear you caught COVID on the ship.  Did you eat in the buffet?  My doctor says that is a high risk area.

How much did the Paxlovid cost?

Princess needs to show more teeth.  If they say masks are required and if guests scream and shout, Princess should remove them from the ship at the next port.  There will be less screaming and shouting from that person and would set a good example for others to stop screaming about the requirement. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, mthomp5 said:

Sorry to hear you caught COVID on the ship.  Did you eat in the buffet?  My doctor says that is a high risk area.

Princess needs to show more teeth.  If they say masks are required and if guests scream and shout, Princess should remove them from the ship at the next port.  There will be less screaming and shouting from that person and would set a good example for others to stop screaming about the requirement. 

Blood draw plus tests Plus prescription around $1,200 USD. We will be filing for reimbursement from our health plan when we get home

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, memoak said:

Blood draw plus tests Plus prescription around $1,200 USD. We will be filing for reimbursement from our health plan when we get home

Wow!  That is steep!  Glad you can submit for reimbursement through your health insurance.  

In your other posts you mentioned passenger services no longer answering your calls.  I think you should be posting your experiences to Princess Facebook page and Twitter.   How they are treating their quarantined passengers is horrible.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, donaldsc said:

DON

The cruise line are offering FCC for your daily costs when put into isolation. Holland America gave a letter stating this. 

Edited by Jadn13
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mthomp5 said:

I cruised on Discovery a few months ago.   Took most of my meals in the buffet.  Stay masked up when getting the food- lots of space there so seat away from people or out side.   To me, that seemed a much lower risk than sitting in a room  90 minutes or so, where 200-300 people are maskless and talking. Just my opinion and risk assessment .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, LawDog61 said:

I cruised on Discovery a few months ago.   Took most of my meals in the buffet.  Stay masked up when getting the food- lots of space there so seat away from people or out side.   To me, that seemed a much lower risk than sitting in a room  90 minutes or so, where 200-300 people are maskless and talking. Just my opinion and risk assessment .

risk is more a matter of the number the people in close proximity and the turn over rate. In the MDR the turn over rate is low and you have relatively few people close by. In the buffet, more people in close proximity, many walking by and faster turnover.