Labor Day Sale Key went down to $16.99

The price for the Key and for the Surf and Stream internet is absolutely identical for our December Symphony cruise.  Admittedly, a 2 device internet package is cheaper, but by so little, that we cancelled our internet package and went with the Key.  I never would have done this at the original pricing.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, love2crews. said:

I'm not showing a discount like many of you.  Mine is only 10% off.  

Anyone know why this is?  This is our first RCI in many years, so I'm not familiar with how the cruise planner works.

The price varies from ship to ship and sailing to sailing. So, not everyone will see the same price. Also, you can ignore the percentage off. The more accurate number is the actual price because percentages do not always add up to be accurate. What is the price for The Key for your sailing and what sailing is that price for? That info could be helpful. Congrats on your cruise!

2 minutes ago, blueslily said:

The price varies from ship to ship and sailing to sailing. So, not everyone will see the same price. Also, you can ignore the percentage off. The more accurate number is the actual price because percentages do not always add up to be accurate. What is the price for The Key for your sailing and what sailing is that price for? That info could be helpful. Congrats on your cruise!

It's currently $29.99.

Liberty of the Seas sailing on 11/27/2023

I have questions about the key for those who have sailed with an under six year old.  I read the description of the program which states a minimum age of six. Does that mean we can’t buy it because we will have a four year old in our party? If we can book it, will our four year old be allowed to participate in priority boarding and seating, etc. along with our family. Obviously not going to do it if he can’t participate! I know wouldn’t get an internet package . 

1 hour ago, seabeew said:

I have questions about the key for those who have sailed with an under six year old.  I read the description of the program which states a minimum age of six. Does that mean we can’t buy it because we will have a four year old in our party? If we can book it, will our four year old be allowed to participate in priority boarding and seating, etc. along with our family. Obviously not going to do it if he can’t participate! I know wouldn’t get an internet package . 

I read the policy because I have a 3 year old and 5 year old.  Kids under 6 get all the benefits of key except for the internet.  

2 minutes ago, blueslily said:

Is the Chops embarkation lunch in the MDR the same menu as what is offered for Chops in their restaurant? I'm trying to figure out if the lunch is the full menu or a limited lunch menu? 

I am assuming its the same with the way this is worded?

"Follow this up with an exclusive welcome lunch featuring the Chops Grille Lunch menu."

For my Symphony sailing in December, The Key is listed as $19.99 also and Internet Surf and Stream for one device is $20.99. So,The Key looks less. But, we were going to get Internet for one person with 2 devices to share that which is actually a little less total price than purchasing The Key for 2 people to get the internet. So, if The Key drops to $17.99 or less, we will go The Key route. Right now the price difference is $50 for two devices. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I am assuming its the same with the way this is worded?

"Follow this up with an exclusive welcome lunch featuring the Chops Grille Lunch menu."

Yes, I was assuming as well. But, with Royal, I have learned not to assume. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, blueslily said:

For my Symphony sailing in December, The Key is listed as $19.99 also and Internet Surf and Stream for one device is $20.99. So,The Key looks less. But, we were going to get Internet for one person with 2 devices to share that which is actually a little less total price than purchasing The Key for 2 people to get the internet. So, if The Key drops to $17.99 or less, we will go The Key route. Right now the price difference is $50 for two devices. 

We priced out the same. So basically you can get the Chops grill lunch, debarkation breakfast, priority boarding and vip seating in the shows for $50? Sounds like a no brainer to me

• Like 1

12 hours ago, love2crews. said:

I'm not showing a discount like many of you.  Mine is only 10% off.  

Anyone know why this is?  This is our first RCI in many years, so I'm not familiar with how the cruise planner works.

I am showing different % of discounts on different cruises I have booked.

Edited by Arzeena

56 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Got the key sale of $16.99 for my Oasis October 9 sail.  Cheaper even with the D+ internet discount.  Plus get lunch and other miscellaneous perks. 

Same scenario. Different cruise, but we got it too, since it was cheaper than the Voom S n S even with D+ internet discount.