Schipol to Rotterdam NOT by train

luvn2cruzzz

I used Staxi last week from Schiphol to Hotel New York in Rotterdam.

Price was €107.50 (euros) cash to the driver.  No pre payment required.

On arrival at Amsterdam Schiphol I received a 'WhatsApp' message from Staxi and just told them when I had collected baggage.  A few minutes later the driver 'WhatsApp'ed me with meeting instructions.

It was private car like uber but spotlessly clean and the driver was great at loading bags etc.

We would recommend them.

staxi.nl

Edited by VMax1700
website
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I would not recommend a taxi for a single person unless you have mobility issues or other urgent reasons, the cost is just too high in my opinion. The point to point is convenient but getting on the train and off the train at Rotterdam is easy. Perhaps a taxi (from the cue) at Rotterdam Central Station to cruise ship I would agree on, not having to deal with the metro. The total costs would be a quarter or third of the whole journey by taxi.

The NS (Dutch Railways) are heaving some difficulties at the moment but nothing can beat the direct train to Rotterdam; Intercity Direct with a 26 minute non stop connection.

Single full fare 2nd class: €13,60, single full fare 1st class: €22,71. Add 1 Euro fee for a paper single use OV Chip Card if you don't have a plastic OV Chip Card.

It's reliable, safe (safer than an all stop service..), there's 1st class, etc. At Schiphol the train platform is below Plaza (were you exit the baggage hall) and even before you enter the taxi line. At Rotterdam you will see a line of taxis outside the station.

• Thanks 1

On 9/5/2022 at 5:08 PM, FreestyleNovice said:

I would not recommend a taxi for a single person unless you have mobility issues or other urgent reasons, the cost is just too high in my opinion. The point to point is convenient but getting on the train and off the train at Rotterdam is easy. Perhaps a taxi (from the cue) at Rotterdam Central Station to cruise ship I would agree on, not having to deal with the metro. The total costs would be a quarter or third of the whole journey by taxi.

The NS (Dutch Railways) are heaving some difficulties at the moment but nothing can beat the direct train to Rotterdam; Intercity Direct with a 26 minute non stop connection.

Single full fare 2nd class: €13,60, single full fare 1st class: €22,71. Add 1 Euro fee for a paper single use OV Chip Card if you don't have a plastic OV Chip Card.

It's reliable, safe (safer than an all stop service..), there's 1st class, etc. At Schiphol the train platform is below Plaza (were you exit the baggage hall) and even before you enter the taxi line. At Rotterdam you will see a line of taxis outside the station.

There are three of us traveling together and we have booked our car service from Schipol to Rotterdam hotels.  Thanks for your input.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The fact that one has luggage doesn’t mean one can’t take the train. I’ve taken the train to and from Schiphol carrying 2 suitcases, a hand luggage sized trolley and a backpack just by myself. I managed to get all this on and off the train without problems. 
I can understand this is not for everyone, but having luggage doesn’t mean you can’t take the train. 

• Like 3

On 9/28/2022 at 7:14 AM, Dutch_Travelgirl said:

The fact that one has luggage doesn’t mean one can’t take the train. I’ve taken the train to and from Schiphol carrying 2 suitcases, a hand luggage sized trolley and a backpack just by myself. I managed to get all this on and off the train without problems. 
I can understand this is not for everyone, but having luggage doesn’t mean you can’t take the train. 

Agree!

• Like 1

And don't forget to stay with your luggage in the train at all times. With most of you probably traveling on our double decker trains (all stop services are smaller trains) the best choice is to grab a seat directly at the door section to avoid the small stairs up or down into the train compartment.

Just avoid the sections where the bathroom is.. :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
On 9/27/2022 at 11:14 PM, Dutch_Travelgirl said:

Can you tell me how the luggage is handled on the train.  Can you keep it beside you?  Is it stored?  In Ireland we dropped all luggage at the front of the train car.  Thx u.