2nd Bed on interior room and Food

latebuyer

Nearly all of the rooms have a dual-twin bed than can be set up as either two separate beds or one queen bed.  If you do not wish to share a bed with your friend, you simply request the “beds apart” when making your reservation.  If you board and find the room made up with one bed, simply tell your stateroom attendant and they will swap the set up during dinner the first evening.

Some rooms accept 3 people. Many of those use a topper on the sofa in the stateroom for the 3rd person.  A few rooms accept a 4th person and have a bed that descends from the ceiling.  My experience is that the ceiling bed is the last to be utilized.  

Food is subjective.  I’m quite happy with the food on Celebrity ships. 

Celebrity food is, in our experience, well above RC.

We generally book suites with access to the suite restaurant and the speciality restaurants but still thoroughly enjoy the general dining venues…We are D+ and E+ so are well experienced with both lines.

In addition to the MDR consider the buffet. Look for speciality lunches. They often have themed days. Also the Indian selection is fantastic. In the evening the buffet area is quieter, they offer made to order steak, salmon etc…Great if you have had a busy day…

We do love at least once per cruise enjoying the burger bar…reliably tasty!

Dining isn’t all about the food, service comes into it too. We thoroughly enjoyed our RC years and staff were always lovely but we do find Celebrity better, often just those little attention to detail things…

If you do fancy a treat book a speciality restaurant. You won’t be disappointed. Name the ship you are cruising on and you will receive lots of advice on the experience you will probably enjoy the most.

Sincere best wishes for a wonderful cruise…

Edited by chemmo

18 hours ago, latebuyer said:

Thanks. It would be the celebrity eclipse alaskan cruise but this isn’t until next year so time to ask more questions! We would probably eat in main dining room but good to know the buffet is good and specialty lunches sounds fun!

We’re on the Eclipse departing next Sunday (11th) to Alaska. We’re in a regular veranda and will be eating mostly in the MDR although we do have two speciality dining reservations. Let me know if you have any specific questions and I’ll try and get back to you. We like the MDR for breakfast and usually eat at the Spa Cafe for lunch. 

Thanks very much. I'd actually like to hear what the entertainment is and what music they have as i heard there is music on this ship. I guess confirming if the mdr and buffet are good on the ship and if you have a favorite specialty restaurant or if there is a cheaper lunch like chops lunch on royal caribbean. Maybe i'll post a nudge post if you are following. Thanks!

There are  different styles of music in various lounges around the ship starting about 4:30 PM Each set is usually 45 min. and then musicians rotate between venues. Usually a classic string duo or trio, folk type solo guitar, larger group such as jazz group,  big band, etc. The "house band" will be mostly playing in the atrium and will be pop and rock music. There is usually an Abba tribute one night. Sometimes, the Tuscan Grill and/or Murano will have one less expensive lunch, but not on every cruise. Sushi on 5 has great Japanese food, with plenty besides just sushi, at very reasonable ala carte prices. Google for a menu. Also check out the Spa Cafe for breakfast and lunch. It is NOT just for spa patrons. Lite and tasty dishes. I love their salads. No charge at Spa Cafe. The Mast Grill serves very tasty burgers and fries as well as hot dogs at no charge every day from 11 Am to 6 PM. Some hours may vary

Edited by 39august