Upgrade really an upgrade?

Vineyard View

My TA just informed me that we are offered an upgrade on Quest. We booked 616 which was as far back as available. I believe the upgrade must be 748 as our TA said next to the card room, which she said was quiet. I am looking at the deck plan. It Appears the rear portion of the pool area is above this suite, and a door to common areas will be right outside. Is this really an upgrade other than being midship? I am a lighter sleeper but also an early riser…would you e]seasoned Seabourn cruisers take this?  Our first Seabourn cruise. Thank you

Thank you. Since it’s the Mediterranean I am not as worried as sailings in other areas although I will bring my precautions. The original forward 615 may have actually more movement?

And the back corner pool area above as well as door to common area right outside as far as noise - - any thoughts?

We are currently in 515, the thruster noise and anchor noise can be disturbing, 616 ought to be better. Personally I would not take 748, due to the amount of traffic that might go past the cabin toget to Seabourn Square and the elevators. But that’s just me. 

Apart from Deck 5, 748 and 747 are our favourite verranda suites.

1. There is no noise from any 'traffic' - there is no more traffic than on the corridors of any other deck.

2. Actually, very handy for the Square, and any business one might have there, or picking up a coffee etc. to have in one's suite.

3. No neighbours to one so side, so a quieter and more private balcony.

4. No noise from above.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, labonnevie said:

We are currently in 515, the thruster noise and anchor noise can be disturbing, 616 ought to be better. Personally I would not take 748, due to the amount of traffic that might go past the cabin toget to Seabourn Square and the elevators. But that’s just me. 

None of those are issues. 748 is a great location.

12 hours ago, Flamin_June said:

Apart from Deck 5, 748 and 747 are our favourite verranda suites.

1. There is no noise from any 'traffic' - there is no more traffic than on the corridors of any other deck.

2. Actually, very handy for the Square, and any business one might have there, or picking up a coffee etc. to have in one's suite.

3. No neighbours to one so side, so a quieter and more private balcony.

4. No noise from above.

they were always the two suites we booked every cruise for many years!

Well, all these positive responses do make me feel much better. I am very grateful for them. Thank you. My big concerns were noise from back of pool deck above and furniture movement,  along with the exit door (there appears to be stairs on the outside of that door) to the public areas right next to the suite - - Those of you who seek out this suite sure helps alleviate those concerns as they must be non issues.