Is Rudi's being retired on the Nieuw Amsterdam ?

scubacruiserx2

2 hours ago, oaktreerb said:

Loved Rudy’s Sel de Mer on the Koningsdam in March so we tried it as a “pop up” on the Nieuw Amsterdam in August.  No comparison.  The serving crew on the Nieuw Amsterdam could not meet the standards of the dedicated crew on the Koningsdam.  It took us over two hours to finish the meal on the NA.  The Dover Sole was not deboned properly and the special dessert that I had loved on the K was not on the menu.  I don’t think it is possible to recreate the Sel de Mer experience as a “pop up”.

I agree.  Sel de mer on the koningsdam is very good.

56 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

I strongly disagree with your thinking!  Every "pop-up" that I have experienced has been the equal to the stand alone restaurant.  It was the equal in every aspect of the dining experience.  

What I have not understood, since this "pop-up" takes place in the Pinnacle Grill when the dining experience ranges, in my opinion from quality/worth my time/money to why in the heck did I choose to book this.  

I am sorry to say this, but, is this another example of a HAL where the "Signature of Excellence" slogan means little?  

Takes too much of what:  training, staff expertise, cost of provisions to continue to offer the "pop-ups"?  

I don’t think they’ve used the signature of excellence for a really long time.  I had the worst waiter I’ve ever had on a ship in the pinnacle grill on the koningsdam.  He wasn’t fit to be a waiter in a greasy spoon. No way would he be able to handle a pop up.  

4 hours ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

We received this E-mail from HAL today .

Tue, Sep 6 at 3:12 PM

Hi Pat,

Pinnacle Gala and Rudi’s Sel de Mer have both been paused indefinitely.

Well crap!  This one really ticks me off more than any other "take away" so far!!!  I don't appreciate HAL sliding this in quietly!!!

Thanks for the heads up!  See you onboard!

~Nancy

12 hours ago, oakridger said:

Well crap!  This one really ticks me off more than any other "take away" so far!!!  I don't appreciate HAL sliding this in quietly!!!

Thanks for the heads up!  See you onboard!

~Nancy

Hopefully in Rudi's ! We thought that they might have some outstanding seafood being in , and coming from Alaska . 🦀🦞🦐

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I don’t think they’ve used the signature of excellence for a really long time.  I had the worst waiter I’ve ever had on a ship in the pinnacle grill on the koningsdam.  He wasn’t fit to be a waiter in a greasy spoon. No way would he be able to handle a pop up.  

This is the inconsistency of experience that I fail to fathom.  One night at the PG, why did I ever book this?  Another night at a pop-up of Rudi's, I was a very satisfied patron.