Cabin layout Specific to the Edge Class Ship The Edge

Kitty16tmc

Hi fellow cruisers, help needed please. I like a specific cabin layout and I need a cabin that has the bed by the wardrobes and bathroom with the dressing table and sofa by the balcony. On the Edge how can I identify where this layout is indicated please. I have  the ships decks and cabins printed out but that does not help

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks in advance

I see you found your previous thread that was moved to the Celebrity board.  I wonder why you didn’t ask this there instead?  
   As to your question about bed location, there are two ways to tell:

all cabins with a symbol for convertible couch will have the bed by the closet.

in addition, look at the diagram of the cabins.  Each have on flat wall.  The opposite wall has a shallow ‘alcove’. Which may be in the middle of the cabin, or by the balcony.  The head of the bed is always in that alcove.  So, if you look at the deck plans and see the cabins with the symbol for 3/4 person, look where that alcove is. Every other cabin with the alcove there will have the bed there, by the closet.  I hope that isn’t too confusing.  EM

• Thanks 1

There is a subscription website, cruisedeckplans.com, that has passenger-submitted photos of many cabins. Find one that is the layout you want and -- as EM said -- count every other cabin (on most ships) to find others that are similar. Usually ones across the ship are alternating as well (bed on left across from bed on right, for example).

Edited by crystalspin

7 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

I see you found your previous thread that was moved to the Celebrity board.  I wonder why you didn’t ask this there instead?  

in addition, look at the diagram of the cabins.  Each have on flat wall.  The opposite wall has a shallow ‘alcove’. Which may be in the middle of the cabin, or by the balcony.  The head of the bed is always in that alcove.  So, if you look at the deck plans and see the cabins with the symbol for 3/4 person, look where that alcove is. Every other cabin with the alcove there will have the bed there, by the closet.  I hope that isn’t too confusing.  EM

Thank you for your help

7 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Thank you so much, as a matter of interest does that apply to all the celebrity ships across the board or just the Edge Class?

8 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

That’s just the Edge class.  It partially applies to the Solstice class, as all cabins that hold more than two will have the beds by the closets.  Millennium class bed positions are all by the bath.  EM

Hi Essiesmom i really appreciate your input, so to clarify if you take Deck 9 on the Edge as an example on the deck plan for The Edge and I look at cabin 9221 and I see the recess for the alcove for the bed, if the black square is by the front door of the cabin then I assume the sofa is by the wardrobe and bathroom. If you then look at the opposites side of the ship/deck at 9220 then the sofa bed is by the window am I right ? Cabin 9218 the alcove is in the middle of the cabin so is the sofa by the window?

Because I have some small mobility issues this is quite an important issue for me and once again I do appreciate your help…thank you

No, you have to look for that little alcove indentation is in the wall.  That is where the head of the bed is.  Where the black square is located has nothing to do with bed location.  Both of those example cabins will have the bed by the closet.  Looking at the deck plans, one wall is straight.  The opposite wall is not.  The little alcove marks the widest part of the cabin, and that is where the bed will be.  In 9218, that widest part is by the balcony, so bed will be by the balcony.  EM

Edited by Essiesmom
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

Where the black square is located has nothing to do with bed location. 

The black square means that the room has a sofa that can be converted to a bed. Those are the rooms that are able to accommodate parties of 4.

• Haha 1