Observations from the Poop Deck Seashore September

morpheusofthesea

Got to Port of Miami at 9:30 am and drove up to Terminal E to find no Seashore. Rolled the window and asked traffic attendant where is the Seashore? Terminal C. Went around the circle of terminals and found C and the Seashore. The Seashore will be berthed at C for the next 3 weeks. When one makes the left turn to terminal C recommend one stay to the far right and go straight directly looking into the steps up to the terminals front doors. There is parking and unloading for Yacht Club guests with white tents and YC blue flags . 255 YC guests this cruise .

• Thanks 1

Parked our car in the parking garage C. Our YC porter at the port was here to greet us when we pulled up. Asked him if I could park in the garage B just 50 feet from terminal C which is for NCL. He said he was instructed to show us C. That’s when he offered to park the car for me. Thank him for the offer, but I like to know where to find the car. Tipped him $50 to make sure DW (12)bags make it on board. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Was just introduced to Mr Gibb. Very nice. He has been on Divina, Seaside, and Virtuosa. Couldn’t get enough information from him since DW kept going on and on talking .

Be sure to ask for him directly if your stateroom is too hot. He had people on it within the hour!  16030 stayed hot for most of the week tho. Enjoy your cruise!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Be sure to ask for him directly if your stateroom is too hot. He had people on it within the hour!  16030 stayed hot for most of the week tho. Enjoy your cruise!

Was 16030 your stateroom?  I thought it was fixed. 

Got on board at 11:38. Cleared at 11:30. B2Bs are first to board then YC behind them. Lunch in the YC restaurant at 12. New chef in the YC restaurant. Chef Lisa left yesterday and is going to be the executive YC chef on the new Seascape. First question DW had when she heard this news, will I still be able to get my meringues ? "Absolutely" was our waiter's reply. Ahh, its nice to be home again.

The YC cabins were ready when we boarded. An announcement over the PA said that other cabins were not ready yet. At 2 pm an announcement that the other cabins were now ready. We got all DW luggage at 1 pm.

Did not get an email asking any preferences like pillows, etc. 

• Like 2

I disembarked this morning and had a heck of a time getting an Uber to come to Terminal C East shared ride island where we stood for about 45 minutes. Two drivers cancelled due to traffic, and two others told me I was at the wrong terminal for Seashore. One told me there was no Terminal C (I think he was thinking airport) but my pickup request was Port of Miami.

4 hours ago, mafig said:

Was 16030 your stateroom?  I thought it was fixed. 

Yes, it was and the fix was short lived whenever my neighbor slept with their door open. It cooled off great during the day when they were not in their room. Why they would want to sleep with the door open is quite beyond me! 🤨

12 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Why they would want to sleep with the door open is quite beyond me! 🤨

I've heard people say that they want to hear the ocean sounds, which I can understand in theory (I listen to *recorded* white noise when I sleep). But doesn't the A/C shut off when the door is left open? It does on Royal/Celebrity ships, and I swear I saw the contact sensor when I opened my balcony door on Seashore.

33 minutes ago, publicpersona said:

I've heard people say that they want to hear the ocean sounds, which I can understand in theory (I listen to *recorded* white noise when I sleep). But doesn't the A/C shut off when the door is left open? It does on Royal/Celebrity ships, and I swear I saw the contact sensor when I opened my balcony door on Seashore.

Yes it absolutely does shut off when the door is open and it also negativity impacts the rooms around them as well due to how the system is set up. I think you’re right about wanting to hear the water. I can also say that our neighbors were from a Spanish speaking country and so perhaps it was a cultural thing…sleeping without a/c, I mean. 

4 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Just to confirm that includes the 9/24 sailing?

I will ask tomorrow. The shore side YC attendant said it had something to do with a repair to Terminal E and that it would take 3 weeks to complete ? It must have just occurred mid cruise last week. In which case it might behoove all those coming the next 3 weeks or more to Terminal C to know the 'trick' that I filmed from our cabin once we got on board. (21 second video will not upload will try when we get home . Wifi is still spotty on Seashore.) Was able to upload this photo. Notice all the traffic with all the 'cones'? NO vehicles are in the road to the left, which is where everyone for the YACHT CLUB should be. It is not marked. I am standing 50 feet to the left of the YC tents in the middle of the road where everyone should be pulling into.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, publicpersona said:

I disembarked this morning and had a heck of a time getting an Uber to come to Terminal C East shared ride island where we stood for about 45 minutes. Two drivers cancelled due to traffic, and two others told me I was at the wrong terminal for Seashore. One told me there was no Terminal C (I think he was thinking airport) but my pickup request was Port of Miami.

Yes. It was very disconcerting. First pulling up to Terminal E with no ship. Then circling Terminal C with no  APPARENT way to get to the white tents, and a very anxious DW wanting me to drive her home in frustration. But I persevered by deciding to circle round again and go past Terminal C to Terminal B and then coming down to Terminal C and noticing the unmarked right lane into the Terminal C that everyone was afraid to use was perfect.

IMG_2137.jpg

Got to the Port of Miami and pulled up to Terminal E and found no activity and no Seashore. Rolled down window and ask traffic attendant where is Seashore? Terminal C. Apparently during last week something happened to Terminal E that requires at least 3 weeks of repair. It was very disconcerting. First pulling up to Terminal E with no ship. Then circling Terminal C with no APPARENT way to get to the white tents, and a very anxious DW wanting me to drive her home in frustration. But I persevered by deciding to circle round again and go past Terminal C to Terminal B and then coming down to Terminal C and noticing the unmarked right lane into the Terminal C that everyone was afraid to use was perfect. In the photo above (was able to post at 6:30 am) I am standing in the roadway just 50 feet to my right are the white tents. ALL the cars with the orange cones are in the WRONG lane for the Yacht Club. The empty lane on the left in photo is the PROPER lane to come right into the white tents.

The restaurant situation 'appears' to have changed outside the YC. Tonight is Gala Night. MY Choice Dining Is now in the Manhattan Restaurant exclusive for Aurea guests only. (There is a PA announcement just now of today's "Grand Opening" of the Perfumeria. The only shop that has a "Grand Opening" every cruise.) What is interesting (and perhaps nothing novel) are three seatings in the Central Park Restaurant 5:15, 7:15, and 9:30.

Checked out soft serve ice cream situation. There is no longer any FREE ice cream. The soft serve is "included" in the non-alcoholic package and a kid's package. There are two machines operating on this cruise. The one outside the buffet on deck 16 in the Jungle Pool and the other on deck 18 Long Island Pool. The one at the Infinity Pool deck 8 is 'out of service'. The gelato is $4 for one scoop, $6 for 2 scoops. (I have a sundae every lunch and dinner in the YC restaurant).

P.S. The sundaes are included in the restaurants.

On 9/3/2022 at 10:13 AM, morpheusofthesea said:

…Tipped him $50 to make sure DW (12)bags make it on board. 

A 12 year old wife?  Odd that that seemed more likely than having 12 pieces of luggage. Amazing what goes through the mind.  

• Haha 2