Apex S2 or S3?

NCteacherlovescruising

10 minutes ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

We just booked a S2 on the Apex because our travel agent talked us into that over an S3, saying they have noise/obstruction issues. My friend is suggesting the S3’s are better because of the larger balconies.  Should we try to change it to S3 or stay with the S2?

My fav is the S1 corner aft, but second would be S2 on E class.  What deck is the S3 and is it inside, or on the  outside with the extra window, as that could make a difference. I have only heard about a few issues on deck 12, but personally, would prefer that extra window if I had an S3, along with deck 11, as a first choice.  It really is just a personal opinion, as I love the wake.  S3's do not have the ability to see through to the balcony from the bathroom, as the bed faces the side wall and is close to the bathroom.  some TA's really do not have a good working knowledge of different cabins!  Has she actually been in an S3 that had noise issues?

Edited by Lastdance

S2 the bed faces the ocean and the bathroom mirror moves to give you a clear view to the sea.

The S3 have a larger balcony but  bed faces a wall, no view to ocean from bath and depending on what deck the MC can be a obstruction.  The corner S3 do feel vibration when the MC moves, some sailing it doesn’t move others it moves everyday.

We really like the locations of the S2, and the bed facing the ocean. Can get one near the forward elevators and Luminae, Retreat Lounge, Retreat Sundeck,  and Solarium are nearby. Wife has some mobility issues so we would never get an aft S1, even though the wake is nice to watch. 

Would not rule out an S3 but the $$$ difference is usually not that great to give up our preferred location. 

mac_tlc

13 hours ago, wendyam76 said:

Been in an S3 on both Apex and Edge and no noise and unless on Deck 12 no obstruction. Much bigger balcony too! 

Good to know, thanks!

13 hours ago, Lastdance said:

My fav is the S1 corner aft, but second would be S2 on E class.  What deck is the S3 and is it inside, or on the  outside with the extra window, as that could make a difference. I have only heard about a few issues on deck 12, but personally, would prefer that extra window if I had an S3, along with deck 11, as a first choice.  It really is just a personal opinion, as I love the wake.  S3's do not have the ability to see through to the balcony from the bathroom, as the bed faces the side wall and is close to the bathroom.  some TA's really do not have a good working knowledge of different cabins!  Has she actually been in an S3 that had noise issues?

We watched some videos and the ability to see through to the balcony from the bathroom was one thing we liked better with the S2. I have no idea how he came to the noise issue conclusion.  Perhaps there weren't many S3's to choose from.

9 hours ago, jelayne said:

S2 the bed faces the ocean and the bathroom mirror moves to give you a clear view to the sea.

The S3 have a larger balcony but  bed faces a wall, no view to ocean from bath and depending on what deck the MC can be a obstruction.  The corner S3 do feel vibration when the MC moves, some sailing it doesn’t move others it moves everyday.

Good reasons to stay with the S2.

44 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

We really like the locations of the S2, and the bed facing the ocean. Can get one near the forward elevators and Luminae, Retreat Lounge, Retreat Sundeck,  and Solarium are nearby. Wife has some mobility issues so we would never get an aft S1, even though the wake is nice to watch. 

Would not rule out an S3 but the $$$ difference is usually not that great to give up our preferred location. 

mac_tlc

I believe it was around $500 more to go with an S2.

9 minutes ago, Fuzzy55 said:

As of April 23, 2023, it appears Celebrity is eliminating S2 category on Edge class. The new plan shows current S2 becoming S1 and S3 changing to Magic Carpet suites. 

That explains why my husband said the Celebrity website listed our room as an S1.

13 minutes ago, Fuzzy55 said:

As of April 23, 2023, it appears Celebrity is eliminating S2 category on Edge class. The new plan shows current S2 becoming S1 and S3 changing to Magic Carpet suites. 

The current S1 and S2 category are being reallocated to Aqua Sky Suites (AS) and Sky Suites (S1) . The S3’s and being renamed Magic Carpet Suites (MS), the aft S1’s and being renames Sunset Sky Suites (SS)

Our favorite location current S2’s will be S1’s under the new scheme. 

mac_tlc

I really enjoyed S3 Sky Suite on the Apex last year. The balcony was huge and there was sense of privacy. Some people commented that it might not be private when the Magic Carpet moved up and down but whenever Magic Carpet moved (which wasn't often), no one was on the Magic Carpet and no noise issues from Magic Carpet either

• Like 1