Flight ease

Crusin-Suzan

33 minutes ago, Crusin-Suzan said:

We have never used FE before!   The way I understand it, is that you can cancel when ever you like up to final payment!   Seems to easy!   Am I missing anything?

No.  Just make sure you buy flexible instead of restricted flights.

• Like 1

I would just recommend that you read the pinned thread above this one titled "Cruise Air and Air Deviation" and just become familiar with the possible issues that could be involved when buying air travel thru the cruise line. A large percentage of the time, you the consumer will never know the difference and might save money. However, if things go TU, you could be in a world of hurt.

Just make an educated decision.

(The thread might be old, but the information is still valid today for the most part.)

I believe that many people spend far more time understanding and analyzing a $100 toaster oven or microwave than they do  understanding the attributes of the airline ticket, cruise air or otherwise, that they are buying.

Just like toaster ovens and microwaves, all airline tickets are not the same when it comes to attributes.

The unfortunate few find out the hard way during a SNAFU or during inclement  weather.

Edited by iancal
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, iancal said:

I believe that many people spend far more time understanding and analyzing a $100 toaster oven or microwave than they do  understanding the attributes of the airline ticket, cruise air or otherwise, that they are buying.

Just like toaster ovens and microwaves, all airline tickets are not the same when it comes to attributes.

The unfortunate few find out the hard way during a SNAFU or during inclement  weather.

100 times YES.

Believe it or not, airline travel is NOT a commodity item, though many people consider it as such in their purchasing decisions.

18 hours ago, iancal said:

I think it has to do with the way US marketing works, all price driven. In their minds people treat airline tickets like choosing between two identical pairs of jeans where one is priced $20 and the other is priced $40.  Most would choose the $20, and even if you told them "well the $20 pair will fall down if you try to bend over in them" they'd rather take a chance exposing themselves than pay that extra $20.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2