Carnival Miracle-First time w kiddo. Tips?

jenn_x

In Jan I am sailing with my daughter, for the first time. She will be 10 and I know she’s going to be totally overwhelmed by the size and scope of what’s available.  Please share tips to help

us make this amazing. What on board activities are “must-do”? Historically I go to the gym and lay out—which will have zero appeal to her lol. 

Less pressing but Im curious.  Our flight home is not till 4. I know we have to vacate the room by a certain hour, but can we have a leisurely breakfast and linger a bit?  It would be nice to avoid the rush. 

thanks everyone! 

11 minutes ago, jenn_x said:

In Jan I am sailing with my daughter, for the first time. She will be 10 and I know she’s going to be totally overwhelmed by the size and scope of what’s available.  Please share tips to help

us make this amazing. What on board activities are “must-do”? Historically I go to the gym and lay out—which will have zero appeal to her lol. 

Less pressing but Im curious.  Our flight home is not till 4. I know we have to vacate the room by a certain hour, but can we have a leisurely breakfast and linger a bit?  It would be nice to avoid the rush. 

thanks everyone! 

Register her in the kids club as soon as you board. She can make friends to hang out with. As for a leisurely breakfast, you can, but breakfast ends in the buffet and MDR at a certain time. You have to  be out of your cabin  by 8:30am but you can relax have a cup of coffee and wait for the debarking crowd to die down. You then have to  be off the ship around 9:30am

17 minutes ago, skrufy said:

Register her in the kids club as soon as you board. She can make friends to hang out with. As for a leisurely breakfast, you can, but breakfast ends in the buffet and MDR at a certain time. You have to  be out of your cabin  by 8:30am but you can relax have a cup of coffee and wait for the debarking crowd to die down. You then have to  be off the ship around 9:30am

Thanks for your input.  Ill be sure to check out the kids club.

🙂

The Miracle was our first Carnival cruise - after our first cruise on Disney - and our DD loved it.  Now this was a number of years ago... but the ship is a great size.  Not so giant that its overwhelming and not too small that you are missing out on amenities.  

Going to the shows was always a highlight - I know they can be hit or miss but she always loved them.   She also liked playing bingo with us LOL - did that on both Carnival and Disney with her LOL

Waterslides and the pool / splash areas were fun too.  

I always have said that I think a cruise is the best family vacation.  There is so much to do together and on your own - when she is in kids club you can get some me time! 

Being open to going with the flow was the biggest thing that I learned in travelling with little(r) ones.