Booking Excursion with Insufficient OBC

Tedferg

We have $300 OBC I made excursion reservation for $170 a month ago and I am sure it charged to OBC, leaving $130 OBC. Tried to add an excursion for $179 and it wants me to pay full amount. Princess Chat said OBC would be reconciled when we board and also said it would be refunded to shipboard folio. I do not want to incur extra OBC so concerned that refund might appear as OBC. 

Has anyone experienced this, and can you confirm that excursion is automatically charge to OBC? I don't see a way to check remaining OBC, it just shows the initial $300. I suppose this makes sense because I could still cancel the first excursion, so the OBC is not spent yet.

Incidentally when looking at my cart there is a suggestion to upgrade to Plus or Premier - that surprised me because we already have Plus and it is shown in Travel Summary.

2 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

We have $300 OBC I made excursion reservation for $170 a month ago and I am sure it charged to OBC, leaving $130 OBC. Tried to add an excursion for $179 and it wants me to pay full amount. Princess Chat said OBC would be reconciled when we board and also said it would be refunded to shipboard folio. I do not want to incur extra OBC so concerned that refund might appear as OBC. 

Has anyone experienced this, and can you confirm that excursion is automatically charge to OBC? I don't see a way to check remaining OBC, it just shows the initial $300. I suppose this makes sense because I could still cancel the first excursion, so the OBC is not spent yet.

Incidentally when looking at my cart there is a suggestion to upgrade to Plus or Premier - that surprised me because we already have Plus and it is shown in Travel Summary.

This sounds like a bug to me.

Pretty sure on our last cruise we did an excusion where we had some OBC, but not enough to cover the excursion and it charged us only the balance....I would call and see if they can do it for you...hopefully getting someone else....

My excursion was a while ago, so guessing they broke something that used to work.

About the upgrade to Plus or Premier....I saw that too and thought it was pretty dumb since I also have Plus....

• Like 1

I booked several excursions last week using OBC.   When I went to my cart, Princess automatically used my OBC.  They used all my OBC and I ended up only having to pay the difference between what I had in OBC and the total excursion costs.

It was nice to be able to get the excursions we wanted now (before they filled up) using OBC.  Ended up paying about $80 out of pocket for four excursions (each for the two of us).  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tedferg said:

I spoke about this just a few days ago with my CVP.  She said it is an "across the board" website upgrade that appears to everybody regardless as to the tier of fare you booked.  It is very concerning in the way it is presented...you know you have a certain level of booking but it "looks" like the system thinks you don't.  Typical Princess IT issue.  They need to reword that or do just a tad bit more programming so that it only shows up if you have the basic level fare.

8 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I spoke about this just a few days ago with my CVP.  She said it is an "across the board" website upgrade that appears to everybody regardless as to the tier of fare you booked.  It is very concerning in the way it is presented...you know you have a certain level of booking but it "looks" like the system thinks you don't.  Typical Princess IT issue.  They need to reword that or do just a tad bit more programming so that it only shows up if you have the basic level fare.

Agree I checked my booking confirmation to make sure it stated Plus, really thoughtless wording.

2 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

when I bought a beverage package, Princess charged it to the card, not OBC.

Right, when I reserved Specialty Dinners, they were charged to credit card, I think it is only excursions that can charge to OBC.

• Like 2