Covid Tests Requirement on B2B Cruises on Princess Majestic from Sydney

We are on the Princess Majestic for B2B cruises 10/20 and 10/31. Does the self-administered covid test need to be proctored by a medical professional? The website calls it a self-administered covid test. Can this be any home test? I'm a little confused with the term self-administered. Also for those B2B cruisers sailing from Sydney did you need to take another Covid Test when you disembarked and embarked back to the ship? If so was this test administered by Princess?  Thanks for any help.

1 hour ago, 6moreyears said:

We are on the Princess Majestic for B2B cruises 10/20 and 10/31. Does the self-administered covid test need to be proctored by a medical professional? The website calls it a self-administered covid test. Can this be any home test? I'm a little confused with the term self-administered. Also for those B2B cruisers sailing from Sydney did you need to take another Covid Test when you disembarked and embarked back to the ship? If so was this test administered by Princess?  Thanks for any help.

It is an Australian term. We do things a little differently down here.

No proctoring is required. Just take a self test (we call them RATs), and declare your result to Princess. This needs to be taken within 24hrs of embarkation, and there is a requirement to do another on the final day of your first cruise for your B2B, but it is also a self test - not administered by Princess.

The medallion app is still setup for proctoring, and it will ask to upload evidence. Some have uploaded a photo of the test strip, but it is not required. You will still keep your green lane status on the app which will display a boarding pass for the terminal. During check-in, they will ask you if you have any symptoms, and you can declare (attest) your negative result to the check-in staff.

We are also on the Oct 20th cruise - see you there.

Edited by arxcards
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, 6moreyears said:

Just to add. The first of your cruises is a domestic cruise for the Aussies onboard. On most of the B2B domestic cruises here, it hasn't been required to disembark/re-embark in between cruises, and you are checked in for the following cruise at guest services. I would imagine you will be finding something to do for the day in Sydney anyway.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, arxcards said:

It is an Australian term. We do things a little differently down here.

No proctoring is required. Just take a self test (we call them RATs), and declare your result to Princess. This needs to be taken within 24hrs of embarkation, and there is a requirement to do another on the final day of your first cruise for your B2B, but it is also a self test - not administered by Princess.

The medallion app is still setup for proctoring, and it will ask to upload evidence. Some have uploaded a photo of the test strip, but it is not required. You will still keep your green lane status on the app which will display a boarding pass for the terminal. During check-in, they will ask you if you have any symptoms, and you can declare (attest) your negative result to the check-in staff.

We are also on the Oct 20th cruise - see you there.

We did 4 B2B on first cruises out of Brisbane on coral. Info indicated they would give us complimentary rat to self administer and attest between each cruise, but this never happened. We were never asked, didn’t have to disembark between trips etc. all very smooth and great cruises.

• Like 2

Just to clarify in my own mind, you take the test within 24 hours of boarding and attest, verbally confirm all is OK, at embarkation that this has been done.  We don't have to show any proof of this test and uploading a picture of this test is not required. 

Am getting so confused as this will be our first cruise since all of the changes and Medallion.

Am trying to put off completing all the Medallion requirements,  will probably be asking a lot more questions in the near future!!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, judithann423 said:

Just to clarify in my own mind, you take the test within 24 hours of boarding and attest, verbally confirm all is OK, at embarkation that this has been done.  We don't have to show any proof of this test and uploading a picture of this test is not required. 

Correct. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

I just did 4x b2b on coral and I took a self administered rat test prior to boarding. I was asked the result at check in and didn't have to test again. 

Did you have to go off the ship on the changeover days in Sydney?

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Did you have to go off the ship on the changeover days in Sydney?

no, nor Brisbane. Stayed on board for Brisbane change over got off for both Sydney changeovers. Was given in transit cards if we wanted to go off. Also, didn't have to do muster again.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, judithann423 said:

Am getting so confused as this will be our first cruise since all of the changes and Medallion.

Am trying to put off completing all the Medallion requirements,  will probably be asking a lot more questions in the near future!!

Just turn up with paperwork like me lol.

16 hours ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

no, nor Brisbane. Stayed on board for Brisbane change over got off for both Sydney changeovers. Was given in transit cards if we wanted to go off. Also, didn't have to do muster again.

Great! We have to change cabins that day but will easily be able to amuse ourselves around the ship while that happens. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Great! We have to change cabins that day but will easily be able to amuse ourselves around the ship while that happens. 

We did a B2B on the Coral and had to change cabins and since we were at the Brisbane cruise terminal we stayed on the ship. No covid testing was asked for between our cruises.

We packed our bags in the morning (minus the clothes on the hangers) and left them in our cabins and the room stewards moved everything over to our new cabin (we did have the same room stewards for the next room).

Our new room was ready very early. We didn't get notified but just went and checked.

We went to the IC and then the library and there I had a wonderful conversation with the lovely lady who is on the ship for 2 and a half years. 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

The cabin steward should move your stuff from one to the other.  For thou art speshul people, Elites in mini suites and full suites, lol. Top shelf, lol.

Edited by NSWP
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, judithann423 said:

I uploaded a photo to satisfy the app, just so I could complete the health survey. It wasn't necessary, as you still verbally confirm that in the terminal. I just wanted to test that proof wasn't required. This is the photo I uploaded for both of us, which was accepted by the app and no mention made of it in the terminal.

go.thumb.jpg.671c0e14e20b06570202ffc9f973e295.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We had to change cabins between the first and second cruises and yes our stewards did it first off so no problem. The room was ready once we got back from brekky.

29 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

We had to change cabins between the first and second cruises and yes our stewards did it first off so no problem. The room was ready once we got back from brekky.

You just went from one side of the ship to the other though. Our shift is from midships on Caribe deck to aft on Dolphin deck. Still I guess they're used to doing things like that.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

You just went from one side of the ship to the other though. Our shift is from midships on Caribe deck to aft on Dolphin deck. Still I guess they're used to doing things like that.

True, then we changed back to our original one but same as doing it twice and was no problem 

• Like 1