How is the bidding system doing? Any comments?

Bwana Tom

26 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Would the offer add up to a savings?  Or, what you would have paid anyway?

The hold is for a Caribe Balcony, the bid was for a Premium starting at $85, Minisuite - $275, Club Class - $435.  Currently a Premium Balcony is $200 additional than the hold.

We are currently booked and paid in full for this cruise and the following.   No invitation to bid on these.  The additional cabin was for our grandsons.   

Edited by kiwimum
  • Thanks 1

On 9/19/2022 at 5:53 PM, mina said:

Okay. So I bid on a few suite categories and the club class mini for Nov 6 California coastal.  I have been watching the open cabins, a ton of them in all bid categories as of yesterday.  Today, nothing open, all showing sold out.  So they must be processing the bids.  I guess my minimum’s for all the categories did not work as I did not get any type of notice😀. That is fine, happy with our current mini!  

Can receive upgrade notice up to 3 days prior to sailing so you never know.

Found this statement regarding upgrade bidding interesting:

Bid Acceptance Process: Throughout and after the conclusion of the Bidding Period, PCL will compile all then-existing Bids for the various stateroom categories for the Cruise and may accept a Bid from a Guest for each available upgrade room (the "successful Bidder"), taking into consideration multiple factors and items. PCL will review Bids based on highest positive revenue impact, but reserve the right to consider and review other and different factors. All Bids will be converted to USD at the time they are considered. All determinations as to which Bid (if any) is accepted, who the Successful Bidder is (if any), and what is considered in accepting a Bid shall all be determined by PCL in its sole and absolute discretion. Successful Bidders are subject to verification. The highest Bid may not be accepted and Guest that places the highest Bid for a stateroom category is not guaranteed to be the Successful Bidder.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, TravelDan99 said:

I received my upgrade offer two days ago for the November sailing of the Diamond Princess, which was not on the aforementioned eligible ships at this time.

Do you mind telling me which cabin you have booked and which cabins were offered and what were the minimum bids? 

We are booked on the Diamond on a B2B in January and was wondering what might be coming our way.

Thanks.

3 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Has the Regal been showing unavailable for weeks?  These ships seem to be the ones that are offered for bidding. 🤔

The OCT 1 & OCT 8 sailings have been showing unavailable for some time now.  Perhaps they weren't ready to do those even though fall within the launch date.  OCT 15 still had cabins for sale.

• Thanks 1

Got an invitation to bid on upgrades for the October 23rd cruise I'm on.  We're in an interior cabin, and the Princess website shows this sailing has all mini-suite and suites sold out, but there are options to bid on obstructed oceanview, oceanview, "premium" oceanview (which on Sapphire Princess would likely be the forward facing cabins with balconies that can only be used when the ship is in port) and standard balcony.  .  Obstructed Oceanview goes up to $115 per passenger, Oceanview goes to $205, Premium oceanview goes to $320 and balcony goes to $660.  At those prices we'll probably just stay in our current cabin.  It does seem like a decent number of obstructed oceanview cabins are available based on looking at the website but all balcony categories seem to be bookable only as guarantees..

It should be noted that this sailing has been showing "unavailable" for a while now, but some cabins have recently become bookable again.  

Edited by Vexorg
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, suzyed said:

One poster got the offer after putting a cruise on Hold....

Straight from their website regarding bidding:

Bidding Eligibility

To be eligible to submit a bid you need to meet the following requirements:

• Must be 21 years or older.
  • The booking must be paid in full.
  • The voyage must be at least five days within final payment.

I'm curious by what they meant by getting the offer.  Email?  Weird per Princess eligibility guidelines.

Edited by 1cruiselvr
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, suzyed said:

Hmmm?  I thought they had said the offer would only come to cruises that were paid in full?

I know, right?  But, it said 5 days past final payment.  It didn’t say, if you just booked one and put it on hold, which would need to be paid soon. You could book last minute too.

Even though it says booking must be paid in full…

IDK

Edited by PacnGoNow

17 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I'm just wondering how us poor Brits will manage the bidding process ?

The USD is so strong at present that we will never be able to compete with Americans bidding using their own currency.

We’ll be the Guinea pigs and you can learn from all our mistakes!  🤣

• Haha 2

we are in a mini suite and got the offer to bid on suites. The minimum bids were higher than I was willing to pay. Least expensive suite bid start was $890 each for a Vista Suite. Showed that it was a weak bid so I didn't bother. Diamond Princess. Traveling with friends so getting club class dining would have done us no good.

7 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Would the offer add up to a savings?  Or, what you would have paid anyway?

I got this upgrade offer as well. For the 33 day cruise an upgrade from a BB to a minisuite has a range of $440-1350. Current price difference is about $2000.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 1cruiselvr said:

How do you cancel a bid?  Princess says you can but doesn't tell you how.

When you receive the confirmation email detailing the amount of your bid, total per stateroom you are given the option to modify/cancel.

A752934B-3FDF-40F2-9E79-4AC3B5AA848F.thumb.png.614b4674f52aa10ea7e691ef19f559e1.png

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, NownZen said:

I got this upgrade offer as well. For the 33 day cruise an upgrade from a BB to a minisuite has a range of $440-1350. Current price difference is about $2000.

That’s great if they would accept the minimum.  If you’re looking for a mini suite.

3 hours ago, 1cruiselvr said:

Straight from their website regarding bidding:

Bidding Eligibility

To be eligible to submit a bid you need to meet the following requirements:

• Must be 21 years or older.
  • The booking must be paid in full.
  • The voyage must be at least five days within final payment.

I'm curious by what they meant by getting the offer.  Email?  Weird per Princess eligibility guidelines.

I get it...but he said he got the bid offer 2 days after putting a hold on a cruise.

We have an S5 cabin on 15 day Hi r/t LA mid-November,  We got offered to bid on S4, S3, S2 and S1.  The S1 was 2K pp, down to $400 PP for an S4.  We bid the $475 pp minimum for S3 Penthouse Aft - we'll see what happens.  Suites have shown Sold Out for weeks - one PH S4 midship has come and gone over time.

Edited by Papa Yoda
  • Like 1

Maybe someone will start this for Princess, but I follow a celebrity bid tracker feed and it asks folks to post in this format. Really helpful I find:

CELEBRITY MOVE UP TRACKER

• Ship:  
  • Length of Cruise:
  • Cruise Sail Date:
  • Date email offer received:
  • Captain’s Club Tier: 
  • Booked through Celebrity Direct OR via TA: 
  • Current Cabin:
  • Bid?  Yes/No:

If YES -  Bidding Details:

• Cabin Category: place winning category, if accepted (all category offers, can be mentioned in comments)
  • Bid Offer:
  • Notification Date:
  • Accepted / Rejected

General Comments (offer details, etc.)

Edited by kluv2cruz
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

15 minutes ago, kluv2cruz said:

Maybe someone will start this for Princess, but I follow a celebrity bid tracker feed and it asks folks to post in this format. Really helpful I find:

• Ship:  
  • Length of Cruise:
  • Cruise Sail Date:
  • Captain’s Club Tier: 
  • Current Cabin:
  • Bid?  Yes/No:

• Cabin Category: place winning category, if accepted (all category offers, can be mentioned in comments)
  • Bid Offer:
  • Notification Date:
  • Accepted / Rejected

Excellent idea!

17 minutes ago, kluv2cruz said:

• Ship:  
  • Length of Cruise:
  • Cruise Sail Date:
  • Captain’s Club Tier: 
  • Current Cabin:
  • Bid?  Yes/No:

• Bid Offer:
  • Notification Date:
  • Accepted / Rejected

Perhaps start a new thread and ask Moderators to put it at the top. 

• Like 1