OBC Query

SomersetCruiser999

If you are using your OBC to purchase the package, you need to do it onboard.  If you are just paying for one of the packages - essential, indulgence, etc., then you can call and purchase those ahead of time.  That way you can use the shore excursion credit part to book excursions before your cruise.  Apparently you can book liquor packages ahead of time as well unless you want to get the loyalty discount applied.  I was just told that I would need to wait until I was onboard to purchase the ultimate drink package since I want to use my loyalty discount.

50 minutes ago, SomersetCruiser999 said:

Thanks crzrr. As I have a lot of OBC I want to use this to pay for an, ‘experience more essential package.’ if I call and book an, ‘experience more’ essential package, can I still use the OBC or would I have to pay using my credit card, which I don’t want to do? 

You would have to pay by cc.  You can only use your OBC when onboard.  

4 hours ago, SomersetCruiser999 said:

Is it possible to use OBC to pay for an, ‘experience more,’ package pre-cruise or on boarding? Or is this not permitted, which is probably the answer 😂😂! Thanks.

OBC is what it says on the tin.....On Board Credit! 😉

32 minutes ago, SomersetCruiser999 said:

Thanks everyone. Just one more clarification please. Can I purchase the $599 ‘essential’ ‘experience more’ package onboard? Thanks in anticipation. 

Answered on your other post - in summary yes no problem 

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, PSULionLV said:

The Azamara website does allow me to use the $1000 OBC promotional credit to buy the package, or at least I think it did. It will not let me use TA OBC though.

YMMV.

Best, John R.

Strange.  TA OBC is real money, refundable to you if not spent.

10 hours ago, PSULionLV said:

The Azamara website does allow me to use the $1000 OBC promotional credit to buy the package, or at least I think it did. It will not let me use TA OBC though.

YMMV.

Best, John R.

How did you do it?  If you filled out the form and asked them to apply the credit, you will receive an email or call informing you that you must wait until you are onboard.  I don't see any way to book it and immediately apply the credit.  Only the promotional OBC shows up in your account.  Your OBC from your TA won't show up until you are onboard.