Am I being unreasonable?

mommykim

On Anderson Cooper last night they were talking about crime on cruise ships and how there is basically no law out at sea. So who do you turn to?

I know this is an unorthodox approach, and I normally would never advocate a second wrong, to right the first wrong.....but maybe the offenders mentioned in this thread should not be the only ones to act badly. What if the passengers were to organize their own little "militia" and make life miserable for those passengers who created the chaos to begin with. I know in this country it is taboo to touch another person's child, but what if out in international waters, babies found in adult pools with diapers, were scooped up by a stranger and placed just outside of the pool. Would this shock the parents? Perhaps. What if drinks were snatched from the hands of roudy drunks and dumped .......who's going to do anything about it? If Princess won't police those passengers....what are they going to do about you?

Like I said, this is unorthodox, and my examples a bit extreme.....but turning the tables (maybe in less physical ways) on the offenders and ruining their cruise, might be the only way to salvage yours.

The thing I don't understand is why Princess allowed these parents to rebook another cruise if the line got sued because of this same family last year. I would think Princess would have this family's information (passport numbers, etc.) in their computer ... with a notation not to accept any more bookings from them.

Probably because they are afraid this family will sue them for discrimination.... I think it is funny that this kid that got accidently clotheslined had the nerve to report the person who did it after what they had been doing. But it is ok for them to run over Mommykim and ruin her NYE dress without a 2nd glance. As my teenager would say, "Whatever!"

..........I know this is an unorthodox approach, and I normally would never advocate a second wrong, to right the first wrong.....but maybe the offenders mentioned in this thread should not be the only ones to act badly. What if the passengers were to organize their own little "militia" and make life miserable for those passengers who created the chaos to begin with. I know in this country it is taboo to touch another person's child, but what if out in international waters, babies found in adult pools with diapers, were scooped up by a stranger and placed just outside of the pool. Would this shock the parents? Perhaps. What if drinks were snatched from the hands of roudy drunks and dumped .......who's going to do anything about it? If Princess won't police those passengers....what are they going to do about you?

Like I said, this is unorthodox, and my examples a bit extreme.....but turning the tables (maybe in less physical ways) on the offenders and ruining their cruise, might be the only way to salvage yours.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but because of the history and parents not taking action, I agree with you.

Guys, even though the kids were horribly behaved, running a clothes line across the hallway intentionally to hurt them or tripping them, opening the door to injure them etc may make anyone who did this liable.

We had an incident years ago while members of a Yacht Club on Long Island where a 13 year old threw a firecracker in our personal locker (like a small changing room) where my then 9 year old son was playing with a friend and luckily the injury was very minor though both boys were incredibly scared. My husband went after the young man after hearing this and grabbed him by the arm to bring him to his parents and was stern with him. He didn't threaten him or hurt him in any way shape or from. Believe it or not, they talked about bringing a suit against by husband and the club had to calm them down. Now every member there told us we were right, however, my husband was the adult and we were informed that he could possibly have been in trouble had they pursued anything. Luckily everything turned out fine, but it just goes to show that we are the adults and therefore we should know how to behave in these instances no matter how upset or dismayed we are.

It's horrible that these kids are allowed to behave in this manner, but even more horrible is the fact that the parents and Princess didn't do anything about it. Talking to them, taking away something that may injure them is one thing, but purposely putting kids in harms way, no matter how unruly the kids are is something that needs to be left to those in authority. Turst me, I would have wanted to kill the little buggers, but I would have camped at the front desk until something was done to correct the situation even if I had to get my whole deck in on it!

I would make the parents life miserable but not physically harm the children. actually if a group of adults joined together and went to the parents, repeatedly if needed, this might work.

I would make the parents life miserable but not physically harm the children. actually if a group of adults joined together and went to the parents, repeatedly if needed, this might work.

Frankly, I think these parents could not care if anyone else were bothered by their brats. They didn't seem to care if their kids were bored, which I think was one of the reasons the kids did some of the things they did (besides the rich brat factor).

Just a thought....maybe the captain and crew were somewhat intimidated by this crowd...maybe even afraid. Who were these people?

eee-gaads....could it possibly be someone in the business of some possible illegal activities?

If not...why..WHY...WHY...would the captain and crew put up with such behavior?

Oh! I forgot about the tender in Lahaina! DH & I didn't want to wait in the long line in the sun, so we sat near the railing at the front and spoke with one of the security guards while we waited in the SHADE, while everyone else went thru. The grand poobah of this family was next in line to go thru security and take the next tender back to the ship. He tells the security guard that a couple of his family members were coming right now and they need to go thru with him. At least 10, probably more family members came running up from the back of the line and tried go thru. HA! The security guards in Lahaina had more control than the staff of our ship. He told them "not a chance" and made them all go back to the line. Oh, the grand poobah tried to demand that they be let thru. What a scene. Sorry guy, didn't work. We applauded security as they went back. Then we saw the same group sneak in line about 20 people back with some more 'family' - even too good to stand in the long line & wait like everyone else.

Archived