Upgrade offer  Discovery 7 day Mexico Cruise

gvre

Just got this upgrade offer from Min-Suite on the October 29th  Discovery 7 day Cruise…

upgrade IMAGE

Sky Suite

Sky Suites dazzle you with a 270-degree panorama throughout your voyage.

From $2,685 USD pp

upgrade IMAGE

Owner’s Suite

The Owner’s Suite features an expansive stateroom and oversized aft-facing balcony

From $940 USD pp

upgrade IMAGE

Penthouse Suite - Aft Facing

These Penthouse Suites offer a gorgeous aft-facing view.

From $840 USD pp

upgrade IMAGE

Penthouse Suite

The Penthouse Suite features a spacious stateroom and a balcony with luxury furniture.

From $640 USD pp

upgrade IMAGE

Premium Suite

The Premium Suite features a large stateroom with seating area and sofa bed.

From $635 USD pp

upgrade IMAGE

Vista Suite

The Vista Suite features a spacious stateroom and aft-facing balcony.

From $625 USD pp

upgrade IMAGE

Window Suite

This Window Suite features a spacious stateroom with seating area and sofa bed.

From $590 USD pp

upgrade IMAGE

Club Class Mini Suite

A premium stateroom category featuring our best located Mini-Suite staterooms and Club Class benefits

From $130 USD pp

upgrade IMAGE

Club Class Mini Suite - Forward Facing

A premium stateroom category featuring our forward facing Mini-Suite staterooms and Club Class benefits

From $100 USD pp

Edited by gvre

4 minutes ago, gvre said:

Just got this upgrade offer from Min-Suite on the October 29th  Discovery 7 day Cruise…not interested

upgrade IMAGE

Sky Suite

Sky Suites dazzle you with a 270-degree panorama throughout your voyage.

From $2,685 USD pp

upgrade IMAGE

Owner’s Suite

The Owner’s Suite features an expansive stateroom and oversized aft-facing balcony

From $940 USD pp

upgrade IMAGE

Penthouse Suite - Aft Facing

These Penthouse Suites offer a gorgeous aft-facing view.

From $840 USD pp

upgrade IMAGE

Penthouse Suite

The Penthouse Suite features a spacious stateroom and a balcony with luxury furniture.

From $640 USD pp

upgrade IMAGE

Premium Suite

The Premium Suite features a large stateroom with seating area and sofa bed.

From $635 USD pp

upgrade IMAGE

Vista Suite

The Vista Suite features a spacious stateroom and aft-facing balcony.

From $625 USD pp

upgrade IMAGE

Window Suite

This Window Suite features a spacious stateroom with seating area and sofa bed.

From $590 USD pp

upgrade IMAGE

Club Class Mini Suite

A premium stateroom category featuring our best located Mini-Suite staterooms and Club Class benefits

From $130 USD pp

upgrade IMAGE

Club Class Mini Suite - Forward Facing

A premium stateroom category featuring our forward facing Mini-Suite staterooms and Club Class benefits

From $100 USD pp

Thanks for sharing that! Enjoy your sailing, in your mini-suite. Always  a good choice. 

28 minutes ago, scooter6139 said:

So if you click on one, does it just "bid" the amount posted or is there a slider like NCL does with their system?

Works exactly as NCL. It's not a bidding system, it's an offer which is modifiable.

So, Princess could send an Offer To Bid...  trying to generate interest in upgrades.  You can click on that, and then go up to the amount you are wanting to bid.

That first screen there seemed similar to an Upgrade Offer.  But it is an Offer or Opportunity to Bid.

Good info on how this will all work.

I'm curious as to whether all those suites are really available.  I got an upgrade bid opportunity for our Nov. Discovery Princess,  and it listed Sky, Owner's,  and 2 type of Penthouse as options. I have been checking regularly since we booked in early August,  and the only one that has ever been available is Penthouse. 

I'm confused.  Does this mean?

1.  There is a minimum bid (offer)

2.  You have to blindly choose a bid you are comfortable with that needs to be above minimum bid

3.  You are bidding for a random/unassigned stateroom in a mysterious location

4.  You may not know if your bid was the highest until 3 days before cruise

5.  You are bidding for staterooms that are showing unavailable

6.  You need to give them your credit card for an automatic charge if your bid is accepted 

7.  No changes or option to decline if your bid is accepted (no right of first refusal)

8.  You are unable to check how the bidding is going

Sure sounds like a great money maker for Princess.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We got our "upgrade offer" early this AM.   Not exactly like NCL.  When we sent a bid on an NCL cruise a few years ago, there was the similar sliding-type meter showing "weak" to "strong" and we could put in the maximum we were willing to pay, but the Princess upgrade offer starts at a pretty high price (for their "weak" accepted minimum and the "strong" is way more than we'd ever pay.  No thanks.  We're staying with our original cabin (Prem.Deluxe Balc.).

Thought it was odd that all the choices given us with this offer---e.g., Club Class Mini-Suite, Vista, Premium & Penthouse Suites---are available, when they're showing as unavailable for our sailing in Nov. on the Princess website.

BTW, our bid through NCL was accepted--from an Oceanview to an Aft Balcony, and the upgrade price was quite reasonable, IMO.

9 minutes ago, Cruzinnana47 said:

We got our "upgrade offer" early this AM.   Not exactly like NCL.  When we sent a bid on an NCL cruise a few years ago, there was the similar sliding-type meter showing "weak" to "strong" and we could put in the maximum we were willing to pay, but the Princess upgrade offer starts at a pretty high price (for their "weak" accepted minimum and the "strong" is way more than we'd ever pay.  No thanks.  We're staying with our original cabin (Prem.Deluxe Balc.).

Thought it was odd that all the choices given us with this offer---e.g., Club Class Mini-Suite, Vista, Premium & Penthouse Suites---are available, when they're showing as unavailable for our sailing in Nov. on the Princess website.

BTW, our bid through NCL was accepted--from an Oceanview to an Aft Balcony, and the upgrade price was quite reasonable, IMO.

If it is like Royal Caribbean's ROYALUP, I think that RC offer bids for categories not currently available.  If they become available (cancellations, hold-backs, etc.) then they have the option to entertain the bids received.  If they don't, no one wins their bid for those categories.

I agree that these minimum bids seem high. 

23 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I'm confused.  Does this mean?

1.  There is a minimum bid (offer)

2.  You have to blindly choose a bid you are comfortable with that needs to be above minimum bid

3.  You are bidding for a random/unassigned stateroom in a mysterious location

4.  You may not know if your bid was the highest until 3 days before cruise

5.  You are bidding for staterooms that are showing unavailable

6.  You need to give them your credit card for an automatic charge if your bid is accepted 

7.  No changes or option to decline if your bid is accepted (no right of first refusal)

8.  You are unable to check how the bidding is going

Sure sounds like a great money maker for Princess.

although couched as a question, all 8 of your points are correct.

this is identical to Celebrity's Moveup program.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Cruzinnana47 said:

We got same upgrade offer and we currently have a gty booked for premium balcony. We are going to stick with our gty. I’ve paid enough for this cruise and I don’t want to get stuck being upgraded to a forward cabin I don’t like. Of course, I could be assigned one through our gty booking, but at least I won’t have paid extra for the forward misery. 

Did you book through a TA. If so, the upgrade offer was sent to them and they should forward it. Call if they don’t. Also, you need to have Princess ok’d for promotional information be sent to you, or you won’t get the upgrade email if you booked directly. 

Edited by 1cruiselvr

I will be on the November comedy coastal 4-day cruise but haven't received anything yet.

Not sure if the upgrade offer is available to shorter cruises also.

Anyway, I am not interested in this upgrade program. I have a mid-ship obstructed balcony cabin which is actually not obstructed at all. I had a great deal that only paid $325+tax for single occupancy. I am fully satisfied.

• Like 2

This is my thought was well; maybe this is a plan to cover in case guest can’t cruise last minute.  Up until this week, this probably happened with some degree for many cruises due to required CoVID tests returning as positive.   It still applies to cruises involving Canada, Greece and Bermuda, I think.   I saw the saw thing on NCL last month.  Email offers for cabins available to bid but showing sold out on the website. 

2 hours ago, Tiggerontheseas said:

If it is like Royal Caribbean's ROYALUP, I think that RC offer bids for categories not currently available.  If they become available (cancellations, hold-backs, etc.) then they have the option to entertain the bids received.  If they don't, no one wins their bid for those categories.

I agree that these minimum bids seem high.