Carnival Pride 10-day cruise to (Pompeii), (Mt. Etna), Mykonos, Santorini, Athens, Olympia, Turkey, plus train around Italy

IntrepidFromDC

The duck was delicious,  juicy breast with crispy skin, just fatty enough. I didn't like the pasta dish at all. Reminded me of my last trip to Olive Garden,  21 years ago.  Thickener ball city and nothing subtle or complex about the too-salty, smash-you-in-the-mouth creamy sauce.  3 stars on TripAdvisor,  my first less than 4 stars since Carnival food. (disclaimer: I still LOVE  Carnival). I almost tried the raw horse.

20220924_204109.jpg

20220924_203945.jpg

20220924_214043.jpg

20220924_211638.jpg

20220924_205826.jpg

20220924_204143.jpg

20220924_204120.jpg

• Like 4

Tomorrow morning I catch the train to Bologna, it's one hour away. Planned is HOHO bus tomorrow and guided walking tour on Monday. Both tours promise to be chock-full of history and other educational stuff I'll be sure to share, don't worry Roscoe I won't let you down.

Edited by IntrepidFromDC
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Tomorrow morning I catch the train to Bologna, it's one hour away. Planned is HOHO bus tomorrow and guided walking tour on Monday. Both tours promise to be chock-full of history and other educational stuff I'll be sure to share, don't worry Roscoe I won't let you down.

hi- I was speaking to a friend yesterday and she was saying her nieces are in Italy and there was an earthquake in Bologna. I believe it was on Wednesday, so they had issues with the trains not running. I hope you don't have same issues. Safe travels.

4 hours ago, emm126 said:

hi- I was speaking to a friend yesterday and she was saying her nieces are in Italy and there was an earthquake in Bologna. I believe it was on Wednesday, so they had issues with the trains not running. I hope you don't have same issues. Safe travels.

Thanks. I'm in Bologna on the HOHO now. Train service has been perfetto the whole trip.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

What made you not order the horse?  Have you had horse before?  I don't know if I could but it would be unique to me.

Ninjacat, I always like your questions and comments about food because I think we are kindred.  As for horse,  I think I would have to both NOT see something else on the menu I WANT, AND be in an adventurous mood.  That said,  I have eaten some pretty crazy stuff, warthog, kudzu, scorpion,  zebra, etc. But I would never touch turtle soup or dog meat. Horse is one of those things I want to read about before trying.  Turtle and dog are off limits and I don't want to go into why other than to say I love those animals. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/16/2022 at 7:06 AM, IntrepidFromDC said:

Beautiful whitewashed buildings with many great views of the deep blue water,  and more of those pink flowering trees. I don't know what they are but they're everywhere and bloom several times a year.  Their bark is like Crape Myrtle..

20220916_122814.jpg

20220916_125028.jpg

20220916_130440.jpg

20220916_125028.jpg

This store would be dangerous for my credit card LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1