Testing question please (requirements)?

Lois R

I get the ArriveCan and know how to do it, thanks for all the help on that one🙂. Now I have a question about testing in order to enter Canada.

I have been reading on line and maybe I am just misunderstanding or looking at the wrong place but I swear I saw something that said no test is required to enter the country,  but then under cruises I thought I saw where you do need a test.

Can anyone enlighten me please?  I am flying to Quebec next month for a cruise that starts in Canada and ends in NYC.

Thank you.

For our sailing on the Queen Mary 2 in 16 days we need certain documentation to enter the terminal and to sail our NE/Canada trip.

One is the Health Declaration on the Company's clearing us to enter the terminal and also ship. This is to be done three days before boarding.

The Second one is either a Rapid Antigen Test done in person being monitored by a technician  or a Online Proctored & Monitored by webcam that will produce a Travel Certificate of Negative Results. Once the test is over and Negative, the certificate is emailed to us to take on trip with us in minutes.

This must be done within 2 days before boarding.

That is the procedure we are handling.

We too are doing ArriveCan which has to be done 72 hours before first Canada Port.

Edited by BklynBoy8

6 minutes ago, shof515 said:

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/cruise

All travellers 5 years of age or older must have a COVID-19 test to board a cruise ship in Canada or to board a cruise ship that will dock in Canada at any point on the cruise.

Thank you. Guess I will be getting a rapid test before flying up.

7 minutes ago, BklynBoy8 said:

For our sailing on the Queen Mary 2 in 16 days we need certain documentation to enter the terminal and to sail our NE/Canada trip.

One is the Health Declaration on the Company's clearing us to enter the terminal and also ship. This is to be done three days before boarding.

The Second one is either a Rapid Antigen Test done in person being monitored by a technician  or a Online Proctored & Monitored by webcam that will produce a Travel Certificate of Negative Results. Once the test is over and Negative, the certificate is emailed to us to take on trip with us in minutes.

We too are doing ArriveCan which has to be done 72 hours before first Canada Port.

Hi BB, have a great cruise😀, it has to be done before you board the ship. At least it did for me when I just sailed to Alaska. On my cruise, Vancouver was on the final day.

7 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi BB, have a great cruise😀, it has to be done before you board the ship. At least it did for me when I just sailed to Alaska. On my cruise, Vancouver was on the final day.

I know. This the first time since the Pandemic we are sailing and like the Old Fashion Way of checking during the Good Olde Days.. More simpler. 

Did a screen shot of this just now. Am I reading it wrong?? I am reading that we do NOT have to test before we go. (We downloaded ArriveCan and are fully vaccinated and boosted) Super confused!  https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/covid-vaccinated-travellers-entering-canada

Thanks,

Sherri 

72EF2328-0C29-4CA6-BF6E-1977B75B8EC3.png

Edited by SherriM

25 minutes ago, SherriM said:

Did a screen shot of this just now. Am I reading it wrong?? I am reading that we do NOT have to test before we go. (We downloaded ArriveCan and are fully vaccinated and boosted) Super confused!  https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/covid-vaccinated-travellers-entering-canada

Thanks,

Sherri 

72EF2328-0C29-4CA6-BF6E-1977B75B8EC3.png

If you're on a cruise you have to test.

There's a separate page for cruising:

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/cruise 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SherriM said:

Thank you, NJHORSEMAN!

Tried to delete my post so as not to confuse anybody else. (But I couldn’t?)

Appreciate the help!

Sherri 

Hi Sherri, if you look at post#2.........you do a need a test before cruising.

• Like 1

On 9/7/2022 at 8:35 PM, BklynBoy8 said:

So, then yiu would have it fill out the ArrriveCAN while on board?  That concerns me since the internet is not always great 

1 hour ago, travellgirl said:

So, then yiu would have it fill out the ArrriveCAN while on board?  That concerns me since the internet is not always great 

The poster you're quoting is wrong. ArriveCAN has to be completed no more than 72 hours before boarding the ship.  You don't have to do it again no more than  72 hours before your first Canadian port call.

Edited by njhorseman
  • Like 3