Diamond Plus...

Also, there is the 30% off the deluxe beverage package if purchased on board.  Other than a black friday sale, which is sometimes hit and miss, the most percent off I see in the planner now is the "BOGO 50" or 25% off.  With the 5 free drinks, getting the deluxe is harder to justify, as it pushes the "break even" point to about 11 alcohol drinks a day.

4 hours ago, ChC said:

Oh well. That is a downgrade I think. Travel with a non-Diamond friend so D-lounge is not an option! I would miss the old days for the dedicated breakfast area.

If you're dining with a non-Diamond friend, they wouldn't be allowed in the "special elite dining room section" for breakfast either, so how is this even an issue for you?

If you're traveling with the "unwashed masses" (sarcasm, folks, for a non-D traveler), you're gonna have to sit with the unwashed masses.  

• Like 1

Just now, ChC said:

I have been lucky with all RCI ships that I used elite dining area that my roommate/companion are always welcomed to join me in elite section. It is not like I will take anyone else. I don't remember nor see any restrictions on elite dining section program that you can not take the person travelling with you to enjoy breakfast together. I welcome and invite you to show me print out or policy specifically saying otherwise. Elite breakfast section is not like DL or Coastal Kitchen. 

I welcome and invite you to show me a printout or policy that says that the "special elite" breakfast section is NOT subject to the rules.

Diamond privileges are only available to those who have earned them.  You don't get to pick and choose those situations.

• Like 2

Thanks all...

That bag of laundry will come in handy on our Symphony cruise in April.  Were flying into Rio de Janeiro for three nights, then 12 nights on Celebrity Infinity to Lisbon...three nights in Lisbon, then fly to Barcelona for one night, then board Symphony for 7 and one more night in Barcelona...With our Celebrity Elite Plus status, we get 2 free bags of laundry each on that first cruise...and it will be nice to get one more each on Symphony.  We can probably plan well to stretch those out on the two cruises to be able to comfortably pack enough for the trip...

Those "gifts" sound nice but reatively useless since most are bottles of wine and we get 5 drinks each per day anyway...only so much we can drink!

2 days each of internet is nice...We'll pick up free internet in port and use those on at sea days--we really only use it to check and send emails...

2 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

206 pesky Ps on the Voyager crossing.  486 D and 608 D+.  P lounge in Viking Crown.  After 2 days of complaints, they set up a D lounge in the Star Lounge.

One of the main reasons I am so happy with the six drink vouchers now.   Happy Hour is any hour, at any bar.  😉 

25 minutes ago, Bruin Steve said:

Thanks all...

That bag of laundry will come in handy on our Symphony cruise in April.  Were flying into Rio de Janeiro for three nights, then 12 nights on Celebrity Infinity to Lisbon...three nights in Lisbon, then fly to Barcelona for one night, then board Symphony for 7 and one more night in Barcelona...With our Celebrity Elite Plus status, we get 2 free bags of laundry each on that first cruise...and it will be nice to get one more each on Symphony.  We can probably plan well to stretch those out on the two cruises to be able to comfortably pack enough for the trip...

FYI, Royal free bag is not = Celebrity free bag.  Royal is underwear, socks, shorts, t-shirts, YMMV on anything else.

Just now, Another_Critic said:

True, but all the Voyager bars are crowded.  🙁

Depends on when you go.   We....being the old farts we are 😉 ....tend to like early happy hour and early dining now.   Love going to all of the Voyager sister's VCL bar around 4 pm to use our vouchers.  Not busy yet, and the DL has not started to crank out with pax waiting to feast on the buffet in there. Which we don't use.  

• Like 2

Just now, Another_Critic said:

FYI, Royal free bag is not = Celebrity free bag.  Royal is underwear, socks, shorts, t-shirts, YMMV on anything else.

Since it is a "boil and fry" free laundry service, I would not want to put anything else in that bag.  😮 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, island lady said:

Depends on when you go.   We....being the old farts we are 😉 ....tend to like early happy hour and early dining now.   Love going to all of the Voyager sister's VCL bar around 4 pm to use our vouchers.  Not busy yet, and the DL has not started to crank out with pax waiting to feast on the buffet in there. Which we don't use.  

VCL is P lounge so not an option for this lowly D+. 😁

1 hour ago, ChC said:

dedicated elite breakfast area

I can't take the non-D roommate to DL.

It's just dedicated breakfast area. Not elite. Cruise Celebrity if you want to be elite. 🤣

As it should be. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, ChC said:

I get your point. I was not sure which level you have to be in order to get permitted to the dedicated breakfast area (you can tell from my original post jumping between Diamond and elite). One hand I thought it was Diamond and above, yet somehow I thought either Emerald or Platinum had access too. Too many bloody loyalty programmes, when they change one thing or two, it becomes too much to remember.

Only diamond, d+ and pinnacle were the only tier levels allowed in the MDR dedicated CAS breakfast area.

RC = Diamond, diamond + and pinnacle. Celebrity = elite, elite + and zenith. 

I have no problem keeping the different cruise lines  tier levels straight. Like knowing what side of the road you need to drive on in different countries. 🤣

Edited by davekathy

On 9/9/2022 at 12:50 AM, DaKahuna said:

Here is the Diamond Plus amenities letter we received this week on Quantum if the Seas. 

Diamond + do not have access to the Suite / Concierge lounge on Quantum. 

86E5B3B8-C301-4832-BC25-ED0BD728E199.thumb.jpeg.3449d6fa30756531494cf9bbf560dbcd.jpeg

Most of those perks were not mentioned on my recent FOTS cruise in room letter. I just knew about them from my previous D+ cruises. Did my free play and 2 days of internet. And my free drinks of course!

17 hours ago, ChC said:

I get your point. I was not sure which level you have to be in order to get permitted to the dedicated breakfast area (you can tell from my original post jumping between Diamond and elite). One hand I thought it was Diamond and above, yet somehow I thought either Emerald or Platinum had access too. Too many bloody loyalty programmes, when they change one thing or two, it becomes too much to remember.

There are many venues around the ship for breakfast choice.  The small buffet for breakfast in the DL is...minor, and any dedicated breakfast area in the MDR, is simply a different section.  Same food as the commoners are eating.  😉 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, davekathy said:

Only diamond, d+ and pinnacle were the only tier levels allowed in the MDR dedicated CAS breakfast area.

RC = Diamond, diamond + and pinnacle. Celebrity = elite, elite + and zenith. 

I have no problem keeping the different cruise lines  tier levels straight. Like knowing what side of the road you need to drive on in different countries. 🤣

I detest the traffic circles when it's left side driving. 😮