Diamond Plus...

So...with our last RCCL cruise, we finally made it to Diamond Plus...

And, over the years, especially during the pandemic years, a lot has changed...

And, to add to the confusion, I am pretty certain that the C&A chart on the RCCL website is not exactly complete (for example, no mention of the internet credit...oh, does that increase at D+?)

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/crown-and-anchor-society-benefit-grid.pdf

All it does show as real benefits of moving from Diamond to Diamond Plus are 1) Going from 4 daily drink vouchers to 5...2) Getting "early entrance" to show venues and 3) Access to "Concierge Louge"...

Of course, assuming we book an upcoming January cruise on Navigator (something we're currently considering), there is no "Concierge Lounge" (Of course we have the Diamond Club anyway)...and, sure, if they let us in to the showroom early we might find better seats--but do we really want to hurry through dinner to get to the showroom 4 minutes before a show and sit around doing nothing?

So, really all getting to Diamond Plus gets us is an additional free drink a night, correct?  Or are there other hidden benefits not on the chart?  Anything more we get from the status whenn we get to our Symphony of the Seas cruise in April?

Thanks...

5 drinks a day and the 2 days of free wifi. Some think that extra drink is worth something,

Now at D + you get to choose a amenity from the list ..though it might be out of stock, but this is also new at D +

BOGO pay restaurant starts at D +.

28 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

I think we now get the free laundry bag.  We have been on Navigator twice this year, she is in great shape. 

Agree, Daughter, Grand and SIL say Ship is still looking good. Daughter was first on it about 20yrs ago and even doing another couple Cruises in Nov

Glad you asked and  a few answered.  My Mariner cruise next week will make me D+ (after the cruise, so a few people just stopped reaching for the reply button to tell me I won't officially be D+ till the end)   We plan to book Wonder for next April for our first official D+ cruise.   So will my reviews be titled Blue Collar Diamond Plus cruised......?

1 hour ago, Bruin Steve said:

And, to add to the confusion, I am pretty certain that the C&A chart on the RCCL website is not exactly complete (for example, no mention of the internet credit...oh, does that increase at D+?)

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/crown-and-anchor-society-benefit-grid.pdf

All it does show as real benefits of moving from Diamond to Diamond Plus are 1) Going from 4 daily drink vouchers to 5...2) Getting "early entrance" to show venues and 3) Access to "Concierge Louge"...

Of course, assuming we book an upcoming January cruise on Navigator (something we're currently considering), there is no "Concierge Lounge" (Of course we have the Diamond Club anyway)...and, sure, if they let us in to the showroom early we might find better seats--but do we really want to hurry through dinner to get to the showroom 4 minutes before a show and sit around doing nothing?

So, really all getting to Diamond Plus gets us is an additional free drink a night, correct?  Or are there other hidden benefits not on the chart?  Anything more we get from the status whenn we get to our Symphony of the Seas cruise in April?

Thanks...

The website has never listed the on board benefits such as internet, laundry, free photo, BOGO dinner.  There will be a letter in your stateroom outlining your benefits.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bruin Steve said:

Thanks...

Some of the missing benefits will appear on the welcome letter from the ship’s LA. 

5 minutes ago, Traveling Library said:

It seems to vary by cruise. In March on the Enchantment B2B. First cruise D+ only in Diamond Lounge. Second D+ moved to the Concierge Lounge.  In June on the Jewel B2B Diamond Lounge only.

And some ships are doing away with the CL. Only a  DL and SL. March B2B cruise on the Explorer and we didn't have access to the CL. No biggie as we were happy with the DL. Better location. 

Edited by davekathy

30 minutes ago, ChC said:

Anyone able to confirm Diamond or Elite breakfast venue is still a thing? My last few cruises I was able to access Coastal Kitchen, so I did not pay attention. The cruises I did pre Covid had a special area in MDR upstairs reserved for Elite/Diamond during breakfast. I also seemed to remember specialty coffee is free if you have breakfast there. But since Covid I am not sure if this benefit is still there ?

No Diamond dedicated breakfast area.  You may stop in the D lounge to get a speciality coffee or use a drink voucher in the dining room. 

m

D plus members may also select a gift( (s) to be delivered each cruise. One has to call C&A to select. Below is a sample  list but many ( most) of the items are not available. ( no towel, totes, some wines. ) Number and quality of gifts increases as points increase. 

D plus may also select a bottle of beer as the welcome beverage 

FBE62E29-30D6-43D9-BE80-65DB64721D2F.jpeg

95B6E222-32B0-4965-9C5B-B9DD22F4DAB4.jpeg

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

No Diamond dedicated breakfast area.  You may stop in the D lounge to get a speciality coffee or use a drink voucher in the dining room. 

m

Haven't cruised Royal Caribbean since pre covid but the diamond lounge then had a very nice cold breakfast with pastries, cold meats, cheese, breads etc  and nice coffee of course in the DL

12 hours ago, davekathy said:

And some ships are doing away with the CL. Only a  DL and SL. March B2B cruise on the Explorer and we didn't have access to the CL. No biggie as we were happy with the DL. Better location. 

I only used it for coffee early in the morning, just steps from our cabin.   Totally agree with you, since EX was not amped, still had a CL on that ship...on deck 9, in one of the walk in closets. 😉 

DL location...way..way better!  

Sister ship Mariner removed it and set up the SL on the VCL deck in the old card room.  Eh...still the DL was better.  Seemed weird to see those inside cabins in that old location.  

Edited by island lady
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ChC said:

Oh well. That is a downgrade I think. Travel with a non-Diamond friend so D-lounge is not an option! I would miss the old days for the dedicated breakfast area.

No downgrade, same menu. 

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

206 pesky Ps on the Voyager crossing.  486 D and 608 D+.  P lounge in Viking Crown.  After 2 days of complaints, they set up a D lounge in the Star Lounge.

Royal should be prepared for these types of numbers.  Most if not all the TA are C&A heavy.  I know that,  how come they don't.   They need a contingency plan in place to handle all the C&A guests.

I recall one TA when the temporary lounge had theme nights with certain drinks and snacks.  (think Margaritas with nachos/tacos).    We even went a few nights because it was so much fun.  

M

• Like 2