Ac in Beyond Staterooms

Cruisegirl6

Hello,

I just found out I chose a cabin with the bed next to the balcony, which means the ac vents are next to the bathroom.  On most of my past cruises on all cruise lines I been on, I found that the cabins get warmer during the night even though my temperature setting is low?

The cabin I chose has the bed next to the balcony and the ac vents are closer to the bathroom, should I change my rom to where the bed is next to the closet, so I can feel cooler when I sleep.

I know this sounds crazy, but I am going through that age when the hot flashes wake me up at night, I would appreciate any advice you can give.  Just need to know if there be a difference if I chose the bed next to the closet or would it not matter because the ac work perfectly to the setting I set during the night.

Thank you.

2 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Hello,

I just found out I chose a cabin with the bed next to the balcony, which means the ac vents are next to the bathroom.  On most of my past cruises on all cruise lines I been on, I found that the cabins get warmer during the night even though my temperature setting is low?

The cabin I chose has the bed next to the balcony and the ac vents are closer to the bathroom, should I change my rom to where the bed is next to the closet, so I can feel cooler when I sleep.

I know this sounds crazy, but I am going through that age when the hot flashes wake me up at night, I would appreciate any advice you can give.  Just need to know if there be a difference if I chose the bed next to the closet or would it not matter because the ac work perfectly to the setting I set during the night.

Thank you.

I haven’t yet been on Beyond, but on Apex last October we were able to keep our room very cool at night . . . I am also at that age, so understand!  It was so cool when I got up in the morning,I had to raise the temp to enjoy coffee.

• Like 1

For peace of mind you should change cabins.  

I haven’t experienced any cooling problems.   If you are in a IV the AC turns off when the window is open. The cabin does get very warm and humid in the Caribbean when the window is open.  

To keep the cabin really cool turn the thermostat down to the lowest and keep the curtains closed.  The room will be cold. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

We found our room on the Edge to be extremely warm, or 'slightly cooled' at best.  Our room steward  quickly got the hint that the blanket was unnecessary.  That was a bed by the window, too. Not that it felt any cooler towards the bathroom. 

18 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

I am going through that age when the hot flashes wake me up at night,

You joined CruiseCritic as "Cruisegirl6" 18 years ago.

Today you're going through "that age when hot flashes wake you up"

Time really flies around here...

I think I joined cruise critic when it was embedded in AOL