Costa by Carnival development

tidecat

8 minutes ago, CarnivalShips480 said:

I called it before, but no one believed me. Now everyone can see that they will be Carnival Venezia and Carnival Firenze.

Carnival in name only - they still say Costa on the hull and they’re not even painting the funnel, let alone putting a whale tail on.

56 minutes ago, mz-s said:

Carnival in name only - they still say Costa on the hull and they’re not even painting the funnel, let alone putting a whale tail on.

The ship's registered name has to be on the hull. Carnival can market it however they want. If the ship's name is legally changing, the official change should pop up in the media somewhere.

It will also be interesting to see if the ship is reflagged from Italy to Panama or The Bahamas.

4 hours ago, tidecat said:

The ship's registered name has to be on the hull. Carnival can market it however they want. If the ship's name is legally changing, the official change should pop up in the media somewhere.

It will also be interesting to see if the ship is reflagged from Italy to Panama or The Bahamas.

I would think Italy, it would make the most sense since they are making a big deal that the ships are Italian

In this article: https://www.cruisehive.com/port-provides-update-on-why-carnival-cruise-ship-is-pulling-out/85884

San Juan said that Mardi Gras won't call because of fuel costs. At the end of the article, San Juan said that Carnival told them that Mardi Gras might switch to shorter 3+4 day cruises, closer to Port Canaveral.

This gave me ideas. What if Mardi Gras will take Liberty's place, Liberty takes Panorama's place (low bookings on Panorama right?) and Panorama does 7 days from Port Canaveral. Alternately, Firenze could take Panorama's spot, Panorama to Mardi Gras, Mardi Gras to Liberty, and Liberty to a high demand area.

Firenze could do exotic cruises to like South America or something to open something new for Carnival.

Of course, Mardi Gras and Liberty could just switch

This makes no sense. I am on the February 18 sailing that right now is still scheduled to call at San Juan. The February 11 and 25 sailings have dropped San Juan in favor of Nassau.

Mardi Gras can hold enough LNG for two weeks of operation. It can also run entirely on diesel if Carnival so chooses.

36 minutes ago, tidecat said:

This makes no sense. I am on the February 18 sailing that right now is still scheduled to call at San Juan. The February 11 and 25 sailings have dropped San Juan in favor of Nassau.

Mardi Gras can hold enough LNG for two weeks of operation. It can also run entirely on diesel if Carnival so chooses.

Just because it can hold enough LNG doesn't mean Carnival wants it to burn that much.  I had not reflected on the LNG situation being a driving factor here but this raises interesting questions.  It will be interesting that if an effort to 'go green' the cruise industry might have to compromise their product offerings.

I, for one, am surely not interested in sailing on a mega ship to 2-3 Bahamas ports (including the new Freeport location) at some highly inflated price simply because it has some new food venues aboard.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

After looking at the deck plans and features of Venezia, it seems like the ship is going to be more “Carnivalized” than previously advertised. 

I anticipate Panorama to be redeployed after Firenze joins the fleet, since it doesn’t seem likely the west coast would be able keep all the ships out of Long Beach filled. It‘s going to be interesting to see how these ships are received by the public once they start sailing. 

• Like 1