Halloween

4 hours ago, genovesemylove said:

Hello all,

We will be sailing on  4 nighter to the Bahamas that departs on Halloween. Any idea if they will be doing anything special? We plan on dressing up that evening and wonder if many people do dress up? 

Thanks,

Joanna

Some ships go all out.  Last cruise on Symphony they had a great Promenade party, Haunted house in studio B, early in the evening the kids club staff took the kids trick or treating in the shops and candy store.

IMG_3361.thumb.JPG.4cc547bf59d6e53d4c326b14321fffd5.JPG IMG_3379.thumb.JPG.573d64380d2dc7343f18d7a3703d6b3f.JPG IMG_3362.thumb.JPG.5d219acc1789519747de205f50fe1e3d.JPG

• Like 1

@taglovestocruise I wish my cruise had been like that. 

Our party was in one of the lounges.  I did dress up and other people dressed up too.  We were on Serenade of the Seas so a little smaller ship.  There were a few decorations.  I don't think any food was provided.  I do have pictures, but not accessible at the moment.

• Like 1

We have done 2 cruises over Halloween in the past. First was 2018 on Harmony. There, they had decorations and carved pumpkins all over the ship. In the evening, Windjammer had a Halloween dessert buffet with cool looking scary cakes. They had a walk-through haunted house in Boleros which was fun.

Later in the evening, there was a packed Halloween party in the promenade, complete with a balloon drop. Lots of people in costumes.

2019, we were on Spectrum out of Shanghai to Japan. They had a few decorations on the Esplanade, the Halloween Dessert Buffet in Windjammer was very cool as well. About 80% of the passengers were Chinese, which usually disappeared from the public areas by 8 or 9 PM. Of the remaining Westerners only a few had costumes. But they had a cool Halloween party with costume contest in the aft 270 lounge with a projected animated Halloween backdrop.

Our upcoming TA on Wonder leaves Barcelona on Oct. 30, so Halloween will be on day 2, looking forward to it and bringing a costume myself this time.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, moposh said:

@taglovestocruise I wish my cruise had been like that. 

Our party was in one of the lounges.  I did dress up and other people dressed up too.  We were on Serenade of the Seas so a little smaller ship.  There were a few decorations.  I don't think any food was provided.  I do have pictures, but not accessible at the moment.

Thats too bad. Done 8 longer Repo Cruises of 11-13nites on Brilliance and Serenade, was real Big Deal. Last one did was in 2019. 1/4-1/3 dressed up, Haunted House, Parties and WJ had tons Halloween Deco Food

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Thats too bad. Done 8 longer Repo Cruises of 11-13nites on Brilliance and Serenade, was real Big Deal. Last one did was in 2019. 1/4-1/3 dressed up, Haunted House, Parties and WJ had tons Halloween Deco Food

😔  I guess it's down to the cruise director.  I kinda regretted traveling over the holiday.  We definitely thought they would do more.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, moposh said:

😔  I guess it's down to the cruise director.  I kinda regretted traveling over the holiday.  We definitely thought they would do more.

Yeah True. Then on these the Capt, CD and many other Officers had their Kids/Families on that week as many Crew were getting off after Ship arrived in Florida at end of Repo

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/9/2022 at 9:57 AM, RandomUser123 said:

Will there be Halloween activities for kids like a party for them. I will be on a different RCL cruise during Halloween as well and plan to pack costumes for my kids.

On Liberty they've done a kid's trick or treating around the ship (but they are little tight with the candy) and a big costume parade/contest on the Royal Promenade. They decorate the day of and considering it's up for one day, it is pretty good.

The best thing, IMHO, is Windjammer. They have a spooky desert contest and some of them are just insane. Plus lots of carved pumpkins, etc.

ETA: Some random people also bring candy and hand it out to the kids during the trick or treating. And some roll calls organize trick and treating events. This was all on 7-night cruises, fyi.

Edited by OSUZorba

We did a Transatlantic from Barcelona to Fort Layderdale on Liberty of The Seas a few years ago over Halloween. They had a spook house they set up. Don't remember where and the kids were trick or treating on the promanade. They also had a costume contest that my son, daughter in law and grandson won. They were all dressed as fighter pilots. I still believe it was because of my grandson. He was 14 months old at the time and everyone was making over his flight suit. I feel they stepped up very nicely with the planning.