Cococay Included Activities

Rami077

We are taking a family cruise with a stop at Cococay.  We are traveling with our grandchildren who are both 3 years old.  Are there included pools and activities to keep two little ones happy?  We are doing excursions in the other ports and hoped to make this a port using only included attractions.

Thank you for your help.

11 minutes ago, Markmom18 said:

I was hoping to read of any included activities for adults. Is there anything “to do” that Royal offers its guests?  

This will be our first time at CoCo Cay.

Thanks,

🛳🛳

Bobbi

Adults have multiple beaches to choose from, The huge and beautiful Oasis Lagoon Freshwater Pool with Swin up bar, multiple on shore  bars, a floating in the ocean tiki bar, sports courts.

Edited by Moltar

On 9/9/2022 at 6:56 PM, Moltar said:

Adults have multiple beaches to choose from, The huge and beautiful Oasis Lagoon Freshwater Pool with Swin up bar, multiple on shore  bars, a floating in the ocean tiki bar, sports courts.

Hi,

Thank you.  We don’t drink and 3 of the “activities” you mention are being at a bar.  I guess if we want to participate in an actual fun activity we will have to pay.  
 🛳🛳

Bobbi 

54 minutes ago, Markmom18 said:

Hi,

Thank you.  We don’t drink and 3 of the “activities” you mention are being at a bar.  I guess if we want to participate in an actual fun activity we will have to pay.  
 🛳🛳

Bobbi 

I do not drink either or go to bars since I dont drink,  but I enjoy Coco Cay for sure. But, it might help people share info with you if you share what type of adult activities you are curious about, what you enjoy, and/or what you're looking for so they can let you know if its offered for free. One video was posted, but there are tons on YouTube. Maybe they will help also. I've never actually paid for any activities there and had a good time during each visit. But, of course, everyone enjoyed different types of activities and amenities. Happy cruising !

Edited by blueslily
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Markmom18 said:

Hi,

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

Swimming is free.

Sunbathing is free.

Playing volleyball is free.

There are various hammocks that are free.

There's a big billiards type game on the beach that is free.

Snorkeling is free if you have your own gear.

Dancing to the music is free.

Walking is free.

Riding the tram is free.  

Eating at a buffet is free.

Eating at a Snack Shack is free. 

Observing the waves rolling in is free.

Searching for seashells is free.

Laughing at the seagulls and their antics is free.

Talking to people is free.

If you feel the need to pay someone to tell you where to go and what to do in order to have fun, that's a pretty sad state of affairs.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The lounge chairs, all with umbrellas, are complementary. If you go to any other Beach excursion in any other port, you have to pay for chairs/umbrellas.   

It is a free day at the beach/pool.  If you booked a beach excursion at another port, that included chairs/umbrellas, transportation, and lunch, it would be quite costly. All of that is free on Coco Cay. 

You are not required to get off on coco cay.  If the activities don’t interest you, or if you simply prefer to stay on the ship, you may do so. 

enjoy. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Markmom18 said:

Hi,

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

You're welcome. Please keep us up to date on your other beach days in the Caribbean and how much more "activities" that are free on those beaches and what exactly your vision of a beach day is compared to Coco Cay....

Edited by Moltar
  • Like 1

On 9/9/2022 at 5:29 PM, Rami077 said:

We are taking a family cruise with a stop at Cococay.  We are traveling with our grandchildren who are both 3 years old.  Are there included pools and activities to keep two little ones happy?  We are doing excursions in the other ports and hoped to make this a port using only included attractions.

Thank you for your help.

Thank you for saying "included" and not "free". 😉

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, brillohead said:

Swimming is free.

Sunbathing is free.

Playing volleyball is free.

There are various hammocks that are free.

There's a big billiards type game on the beach that is free.

Snorkeling is free if you have your own gear.

Dancing to the music is free.

Walking is free.

Riding the tram is free.  

Eating at a buffet is free.

Eating at a Snack Shack is free. 

Observing the waves rolling in is free.

Searching for seashells is free.

Laughing at the seagulls and their antics is free.

Talking to people is free.

If you feel the need to pay someone to tell you where to go and what to do in order to have fun, that's a pretty sad state of affairs.  

Merionmom,

I asked a legit question on this board. A poster named  3 bars as a thing to do, “activity” if you will.

This lead me to think that … WELL, if we want to do an activity we will have to pay for one of the activities that RCCL offers on their website. 

Oh, but thank you for pointing out the many free things one can do on a beach. Never in our life would we have figured out that looking at waves is FREE???  Laughing at Seagulls too?? FREE??

🛳🛳

Bobbi

Edited by Markmom18

23 hours ago, blueslily said:

I do not drink either or go to bars since I dont drink,  but I enjoy Coco Cay for sure. But, it might help people share info with you if you share what type of adult activities you are curious about, what you enjoy, and/or what you're looking for so they can let you know if its offered for free. One video was posted, but there are tons on YouTube. Maybe they will help also. I've never actually paid for any activities there and had a good time during each visit. But, of course, everyone enjoyed different types of activities and amenities. Happy cruising !

Well thank you for a solid suggestion.  I guess I need to say again, we’ve never been to CoCo Cay. We’ve been to Labadee & enjoyed ourselves.  I paid for a floating mat for our day here.

So, yes me & my hubby will check out You Tube for ideas. Things like hiking trails, with small signs to describe the plant we’d be seeing. Perhaps there is a stream on said hiking trail.  Maybe a free small museum on the history of the island. Nothing fancy since it would be free to educate the visitors. 

I appreciate your reply,

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

13 minutes ago, Markmom18 said:

Merionmom,

I asked a legit question on this board. A poster named  3 bars as a thing to do, “activity” if you will.

This lead me to think that … WELL, if we want to do an activity we will have to pay for one of the activities that RCCL offers on their website. 

Oh, but thank you for pointing out the many free things one can do on a beach. Never in our life would we have figured out that looking at waves is FREE???  Laughing at Seagulls too?? FREE??

🛳🛳

Bobbi

WTA>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>?  I haven't even posted on this thread, until now.  Why are you addressing me?  The writer of that post is clearly written in your quote.  Leave me out of this!

Hi Birdtravels,

Now this is what I need!! 😁😁    Obviously, Royal has free activities planned.  

Oops, my apologies Merionmom.

Brillo, IDK if you realize it … but yes you mentioned some of these things. 

My preference for delivering the info, is the style in which you, Birdtravels presented it here on the Forum.  👍🏼👍🏼

Thank you very much,

🛳🛳

Bobbi

Edited by Markmom18

7 hours ago, Markmom18 said:

Well thank you for a solid suggestion.  I guess I need to say again, we’ve never been to CoCo Cay. We’ve been to Labadee & enjoyed ourselves.  I paid for a floating mat for our day here.

So, yes me & my hubby will check out You Tube for ideas. Things like hiking trails, with small signs to describe the plant we’d be seeing. Perhaps there is a stream on said hiking trail.  Maybe a free small museum on the history of the island. Nothing fancy since it would be free to educate the visitors. 

I appreciate your reply,

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

You're welcome. I'm a visual learner so I love looking at images of where I'm going and what's available there. YouTube videos are great for that for me versus just lists on a screen. That helps me plan and envision what is there for me to enjoy. The photos BirdTravels posted are great also. Then I would probably still go check out real life videos of the area to see what some of that looks like.

I dont know anything about hiking trails or museums at CoCo Cay, but others might know or you might see if they are listed in the attractions list for the island. There's a lot of images of the park map online and in videos. 

Glad you received some helpful replies. There will always be some unhelpful ones on this site. Happy Planning!

• Like 1

On 9/10/2022 at 11:14 PM, Markmom18 said:

Hi,

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

There is free beach volleyball and some other sports.   If you snorkel, you can bring your own or rent their gear.

Otherwise, you can purchase Waterpark, hot air balloon ride or zip line or jet skis.

What type of activities do you want for an island?

Edited by Sunshine3601