Covid test or not?

roger001

Ok.  Yea, yea, search.  Yea.  I did.  However, since this is so easy and y'all know stuff.....is a Covid test result required within two days of sailing now or not.  I thought that was dropped.  However, just booked again and NCL website says test is required.  Huh!

Just found this.  Says yes is sailing from US...I think.  Or am I reading it wrong?  

Effective for sailings 8/1/22 and beyond for cruises originating in any port EXCEPT a U.S port, Canadian port or Piraeus, Greece:

• All guests are exempt from all pre-cruise COVID-19 testing requirements

For cruises originating from a U.S. port:

• All vaccinated guests must provide proof of:
    • negative COVID-19 antigen within 2 days of the embarkation date or
    • negative NAAT (PCR) test within 3 days of the embarkation

44 minutes ago, roger001 said:

Just found this.  Says yes is sailing from US...I think.  Or am I reading it wrong?  

Effective for sailings 8/1/22 and beyond for cruises originating in any port EXCEPT a U.S port, Canadian port or Piraeus, Greece:

Go to the NCL Sailsafe page. The rules changed again on 9/3.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, roger001 said:

So it is not all US cruises. It depends on where you are cruising and your vaccination status. All passengers still need to test if you are going to Canada or Bermuda (Bermuda, Alaska, New England/ Canada cruises). Unvaccinated passengers need to test for other ports like the Bahamas. 

Please check out 

https://www.ncl.com/travel-requirements-by-country

Edited by BirdTravels

1 hour ago, roger001 said:

This is confusing and almost too vague to be acceptable policy.. Im cruising out of a non us port in feb, panama, but the county's website says unvaxxed still need to show neg test before entry into country.

50 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

It's really not that confusing for anybody who goes to the NCL website and spends more than 60 seconds actually reading all of the words.

If everyone took the time to research their individual concerns, there would be no need to post the questions here on CC. For the most part, there would be no need for these forums. Outside of passing the time of day and talking about the weather. You and the rest of us would have nothing to post about. Be careful what you wish for.

The OP has 6800 posts, Was obviously just having a senior moment, like many of us!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, v3cruiser said:

This is confusing and almost too vague to be acceptable policy.. Im cruising out of a non us port in feb, panama, but the county's website says unvaxxed still need to show neg test before entry into country.

I am sailing late January and will hit Panama and Nicaragua. Who knows what the policies will be come the winter months. Right now seems like the cruise lines are just addressing the cruises that are happening in the Fall. 
Also, specific country policies may differ from cruise line policies. There just can’t be one blanket policy unless it becomes everyone needs a test. 

• Like 1