Live B2B2B2B Carnival Spirit Alaska/Panama Canal/Caribbean

jam19872016

Tonight's menu is my least favorite but I need to eat small tonight so it's for the best.

Screenshot_20221002-202605_Carnival%20HU

Screenshot_20221002-202618_Carnival%20HU

Screenshot_20221002-202635_Carnival%20HU

For my starter I ordered the alligator beignets.

20221002_204057-X2.jpg

I did not like that at all the first time I got it bit it was better this time although still not a favorite. Needs less breading.

For my main I had lasagna bolognese.

20221002_204721-X2.jpg

My mom's dinner- shrimp creole.

20221002_204728-X2.jpg

Good morning. 

Today we are in cartagena which is my last  new port for probably about a year when I do the freedom transatlantic.

The plan today is to take the free shuttle to downtown and wander around a bit. I also heard there may be a free zoo nearby I'm hoping to be able to take a quick look at that.

20221003_095125-X2.jpg

• Like 5

Today was a good day. Slight change to the plans but only because I was told slightly wrong facts. 

The shuttle is not to downtown. It was to the port shopping area. It was complementary but not needed if you are mobile. It was about a three minute walk. The pier in amber cove is longer.

I also wouldn't call it a zoo. It was an aviary but it was very fascinating. After my mom did her shopping for some souvenirs we walked through it.

BTW, none of the aggressive vendors you have in downtown cartagena exist here. The salespeople were polite and helpful and in no way pushy. Very refreshing.

• Like 3

For my starters I had the fried wild boar and crab melt brioche.

20221003_200125-X2.jpg

20221003_200529-X2.jpg

The boar was just a tad salty bit still good. The brioche was fantastic. Yummy.

For mains I had beef and broccoli and honey glazed pork loin.

20221003_201224-X2.jpg

20221003_201739-X2.jpg

These were also good. The pork was a little hard to chew bit otherwise good. 

Dessert was the pineapple upside-down.

20221003_202816-X2.jpg

This was s slice of warm dessert heaven.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, natefish95 said:

Great pictures! I have my eye on a 9 day on the Conquest next year that goes to Cartagena. Or maybe the Freedom transatlantic back form Barcelona. So many choices. 

Can't wait to board on Saturday!

I'll be on both freedom transatlantics I think it would be a great choice. I did like cartagena too though.  Maybe do both. Yes that's it, both 😁

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

I'll be on both freedom transatlantics I think it would be a great choice. I did like cartagena too though.  Maybe do both. Yes that's it, both 😁

I wish I could get away from work for that long! I was on the first restart cruise of Freedom last year and had such a great time. 

1 hour ago, natefish95 said:

I wish I could get away from work for that long! I was on the first restart cruise of Freedom last year and had such a great time. 

I'm looking forward to trying out the freedom. It's one of two Conquest class I haven't been on yet. 

Good morning. We lost another hour last night and we are now back on Eastern time. 

It's kind of a bummer losing three hours on your cruise but I think i like this direction better.

There seems to be less enthusiasm around the ship now that we have crossed the canal. It's like the cruise was building towards something and now that we've done it, people seem ready to go.

I think going the other direction that enthusiasm would be over pretty quick with a lot of time still to go before Seattle.

Also the best ports were the last two. The first two were not worth the stop. 

• Like 2

Idk what the app was doing. Seattle time is 3 behind not ahead. But it fixed itself before i got to brunch.

I decided to get the last pay item today, lobster Benedict.

20221004_115451-X2.jpg

This was a messy delicious treat and they were very generous with the lobster. But at $19 it's just priced too high and I probably wouldn't get it again.

For dessert I went up to Lido for a slice of key lime cheesecake.

20221004_121001-X2.jpg

Edited by jam19872016
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

Idk what the app was doing. Seattle time is 3 behind not ahead. But it fixed itself before i got to brunch.

I decided to get the last phone item today, lobster Benedict.

20221004_115451-X2.jpg

This was a messy delicious treat and they were very generous with the lobster. But at $19 it's just priced too high and I probably wouldn't get it again.

For dessert I went up to Lido for a slice of key lime cheesecake.

20221004_121001-X2.jpg

Oh my gosh, lobster Benedict?? Be still my heart! I'm too much of a cheap-o to pay that for it tho, lol. 

• Like 1