Oasis Class - Balcony Guarantee Stateroom

slyster

Hi there…my brother is thinking about joining me on a cruise and he wants an ocean view balcony.   We noticed the balcony guarantee price says you will be given the best available stateroom.  What is the likelihood he will end up with a boardwalk or Central Park view cabin instead of a Oceanview.  The price difference between the balcony guarantee and the oceanview balcony is is about $130 a person.

I am just wondering what others experiences have been when booking a balcony guarantee.  Do you usually end up with the boardwalk or Central Park balcony or do you usually end up with oceanview.  Thanks in advance!

Just now, slyster said:

Hi there…my brother is thinking about joining me on a cruise and he wants an ocean view balcony.   We noticed the balcony guarantee price says you will be given the best available stateroom.  What is the likelihood he will end up with a boardwalk or Central Park view cabin instead of a Oceanview.  The price difference between the balcony guarantee and the oceanview balcony is is about $130 a person.

I am just wondering what others experiences have been when booking a balcony guarantee.  Do you usually end up with the boardwalk or Central Park balcony or do you usually end up with oceanview.  Thanks in advance!

On the Roysl website it pretty much always  assigns you a neighborhood gty unless it specificdlly states OV gty.  Both are available.  If you want OV then either call to book or use a TA and don't use the website. 

I believe if you can book a category XB cabin, you have a guaranteed Ocean View balcony.  Category XN is guaranteed neighborhood balcony.  I just checked a random Oasis cruise, and XB was about $500 more per person for a 7 day cruise.

Please verify this before committing any money.