Tide laundry detergent being sold onboard NCL gift shops???

planefring1

Came across an unusual product sold in NCL gift shops.  single use packages of Tide laundry detergent.  When I noticed it the shop was too busy on the last night to inquire as to why.  Do any of you, possibly know why.  Because NCL does NOT have self service laundry on board. Silly question, but perplexing nevertheless.  Would think it makes a horrible souvenir.

1 hour ago, TrumpyNor said:

Small items can easily be washed in the bathroom sink (or bathtub if you have that in your cabin/suite). There is a clothing line for laundry in the bathroom as well, above the shower or bathtub).

Exactly. 

6 hours ago, casofilia said:

@planefring1

We take our own laundry detergent so we can wash our small in the cabin sink!

No need to. The shower gel or shampoo in the cabin works just fine. 😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

No need to. The shower gel or shampoo in the cabin works just fine. 😊

I take a tiny, mini tide with me to wash clothes in the sink if necessary. I pass on all toiletries in the cabin, as well as land hotels. I never use them.  I prefer to use my selected products versus whatever companies put in their bathrooms. With my skin type, that works better for me, so I keep with that strategy. 

Sometimes when there’s a port stop near the middle of the cruise with no tours that interest us, we’ll plan on taking our laundry to a self-serve laundromat and read a book while the clothes are in the washer.  We haven’t had to do that on an NCL cruise in several years, since we get free laundry service on board, but we did it last week on Celebrity, last month on American Cruise Lines, and last May on Avalon.  We usually remember to pack some detergent and fabric softener, but occasionally we’ve had to buy some on the fly.